Air exhaust hose gets extremely warm
The Pinguino's exhaust pipe has to be attached to the window bracket to direct the air hot air out of the room, otherwise the room can't cool properly.
The owner's manual has several troubleshooting remedies for you to try:
1) If the window is open, close the window.
2) If there is a heat source in the room (burner, lamp, etc.), eliminate the heat source.
3) If the exhaust hose is detached, connect the exhaust hose. (My recommendation is to connect the exhaust hose to the window bracket and direct the air outside.)
4) If the air filters are clogged, clean or replace the filters.
Remedies that aren't mentioned in the manual, but you might find helpful:
1) Make sure that there are no kinks in the hose, and that the hose either remains straight or has a gentle curve when directing it into the window bracket.
2) A sunny window reduces the maximum power and efficiency of the unit. Placing it in a sunny window reduces your BTUs by at least 600, which means the maximum square footage of cooled space is reduced. Cooling a kitchen requires at least 4,000 BTUs alone, which is nearly half of the unit's BTUs. Try to place the unit by a window that receives minimum to no direct sunlight.
Finally, stating the obvious, if the room isn't cooling, the room is too large for the unit. The PACL90 cools up to 400sqft. Bear in mind that the air from these portable air conditioners cannot move around corners very well, so try to set it by a window in the central part of the room.
Jun 13, 2008 |
DeLonghi Pinguino PACL90 Portable Air...