Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
I have a Comcast Cable service, and use a wireless router. I have trouble trying to connect more than one computer to the Internet. I have to unplug and reset each time I want to switch computers and continue using the Internet. Is there a setting I'm missing?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Feb 07, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router...
Nov 09, 2009 | NetGear CG814M Wireless Cable Modem...
Oct 05, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 17, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...
Dec 04, 2008 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Sep 29, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jul 13, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Apr 10, 2008 | Computers & Internet
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!