Hi. I have two questions.
1.When I get a new text message on my pantech duo and the phone shows that I have a new message, I click on it, but it takes me back to whatever message/place I left off instead of going automatically to the new message. Is there something I can do about that?
2. When I put my phone on silent, it still vibrates... Does that mean it's defected?
After you read a message, always hit the return/back key to get you back to the main list of messages. This phone automatically returns you to wherever you left off last, so if you don't hit the return key, your last message read will be what is displayed when you hit your message key.
No, your phone is not defective, you need to change your settings.
In your menu, go to SETTINGS, then PROFILES. Scroll to the profile you are using then select EDIT. Under each profile you have the option to select how your phone handles any alert you receive (i.e. for calls, messages, texts, etc.) You have several options some of which are silent, silent and vibrate, vibrate only.
Personally I want my phone to vibrate when it's on silent so that I know I'm receiving a call or text. You can choose another option though.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the issue may not be your phone or the battery. It may be the charger. My friend and i both have a pantech duo. She was always having problems with her battery, draining just after two hours. The funny thing was that whenever she used my charger, the battery kept charge. I tried my phone out on her charge, and found that it didn't keep the charge either. So we went to the store and found that it wasn't the phone, it was the charger.
Often the charger can mess up the phone. Order a new charger, and that should be the solution to your phone.
i have had this problem previously. sometimes it would work if i sent a message to myself. other times, i would have to just wait a few minutes, and then try again. also, i have made a call, and only then would my messages be sent. personally, i think this phone is horrible.
Always think carefully about altering your phone's window registry for any reason. If you follow the instructions all should be fine. If you are a complete novice, I wouldn't recommend it, you could seriously mess up your phone. Use at your own discretion.
*WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be"FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*
2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor
3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)
4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)
5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)
6. Double Click "All Sounds"
7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones
8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in
9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)
10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones
11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!
Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works
hello have you tried From your text message screen click MENU then FOLDERS. Highlight the
folder you want and click MENU then DELETE ALL to remove even ones
saved to the SIM or CLEAR MESSAGES to delete just ones stored on the
phone. also a manual can be download for futher refference if needed .