Question about Euro-Pro Fast and Easy 420 Mechanical Sewing Machine
SOURCE: Bobbin thread breaks
Things to check for thread breakage (top or bottom)
1. Good thread in the machine - not hand thread, cheap thread, quilting thread.
2. A burr on the hook - a small nick on the hook can grab and tear threads, however this usually causes the top thread to tear, not the bottom
3. Make sure a new needle is in the machine - one made for the material you are sewing
4. The bobbin must be installed to rotate in the correct direction in your bobbin case
5. And I'll say it anyway - tensions - the primary cause of thread breaking - Remember, there are TWO tensions in a sewing machine, top and bottom. Also, the thread you see on the bottom of the stitch is the top thread, and vice-versa.
Posted on Dec 04, 2007
If you go to this link, it shows for the 117.591 model, but it is threaded the same exact way as the 117.959, that will thread the machine and bobbin, I have used this to thread my machine which is the 117.959, and it sewed perfectly until I started messing with the tension, I still haven't figured that part out yet, but I will and when I do, I will let you know. You should be able to thread the bobbin correctly with the manual, if you are pulling the bobbin through the hole the needle is going down in, your bobbin is threaded correctly, if the problem is like mine, your not making stitches, the problem is with the tension. I hope I have helped and if not, sorry.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 02, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Jul 26, 2016 | Elna Sewing Machines
Jun 22, 2016 | Baby Lock Sewing Machines
Feb 24, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Feb 17, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Jan 26, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Mar 13, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Apr 02, 2010 | Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing...
Jun 06, 2009 | Sewing Machines
Mar 18, 2009 | Bernina Artista 170
311 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: