try this out
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
- Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double click on Administrative Tools. Note: If you don't see Administrative Tools, look at the left column in Control Panel for a link that says, "Switch to Classic View," and click it.
- Double click on Computer Management.
- In the left column, click on Disk Management.
- Locate the iPod and right click on it, then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click the Change button.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a new drive letter. Note: Make sure to choose a new drive letter that is not already assigned to a network drive. The drop-down menu will display all available letters that are not assigned to a physical drive. Drive letters that are assigned to a network volume will still be listed here. It is also a good idea to assign a drive letter other than a, b, c, or d, as these letters are usually reserved for other systemy ipod says www.apple.com/support/ipod - ts1493_3.jpg />
- Click OK.
Click Yes on the confirmation dialog.
- Close the Computer Management window.
- Restart your computer.
If you are having difficulty putting the iPod model into disk mode, set it on a flat surface. Make sure that the finger pressing the Select button is not touching the Click Wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Play/Pause button toward the outside of the Click Wheel and not near the center.
- Before placing the iPod into disk mode, you should verify that it is charged.
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
- Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
- Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will change and say "Do not disconnect"
If you are still unable to put your iPod with a Click Wheel into Disk Mode, use one finger from one hand to press the Select button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Play/Pause button.