We recently moved printers around in our office. This one, which has always been the workhorse, was missing a toner cartridge for a while. It's been replaced and the printer runs when we send documents to it but the pages come out blank. It says the cartridge is installed correctly. We took it out, checked it and put it back in. Still nothing.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This sounds like an issue with either the toner cartridge or the drum unit. Have either of these consumables been changed recently? This should help identify the likely cause.
If the drum has been changed recently I would recommend cleaning the corona wire. If however the toner has been changed there isn't masses I can recommend in terms of trouble shooting. it may however be worth running off 15-30 pages in the hope of pulling the toner through.
Failing this I would recommend calling Brother technical support in case the issue is hardware related and not the fault of a consumable.
It is not the toner. There are 2 things you can try yourself, anything else requires service. First try opeing and closing the right hand side door. Try this several times if necessary. There are contacts in this door that sometimes don't make contact and opening/closing the door will sometimes resolve blank copies. The other thing you can try is remove the toner then pull out and reseat the drum unit. Here again there are contacts that need to be made that can cause blank copies.
Good Luck and Thank You for using Fixya.
try the toner cartridge. You can see where its coming from by printing 1 page. When the page starts coming out of the machine open the cover. Take out the toner cartridge and look at the page. The line should be there and you should be able to figure whats causing it. It's almost always the toner cartridge. If you have an old cartridge put it in and run a test with it. If the line is gone its the cartridge.
HP 4550 Color Laserjet Printer - Blank or white pages :
01. Your software application is sending an extra page-eject command.
02. Check the software’s printing configuration information. There is a problem with the network configuration.
03. Some sharing devices on networks may generate a blank page as a separator.
04. Check with the network administrator.
05. The printer may be feeding two or more pages at once because the paper is difficult to separate.
06. The sealing tape has been left in the toner cartridge.
07. The toner cartridge is empty or defective.
08. The laser scanner door does not open properly.
09. Remove and reseat the toner cartridge.
10. Check the laser scanner shutter door for proper operation.
11. The toner cartridge guide is damaged,
improperly positioned, or missing.
12. There is no transfer roller voltage.
13. Perform the Half Self-Test Functional Check to check all other electrophotographic processes.
14. Replace the transfer roller if necessary.
15. The high-voltage connectors are mounted on the high-voltage power supply (HVPS) PCA and protrude into the toner cartridge cavity.
16. Check the springs for functionality. Clean if dirty; replace if defective or missing. The HVPS PCA is defective.
17.The DC controller PCA is defecti There is no drum ground path.
18 Check the drum ground.
19. The laser scanner cable assembly is defective
20 The page length and margins are not set correctly for the paper size. Verify that the ribbon connector at J1307 of the HVPS is properly seated.
21. If the HVPS has been removed recently, verify that the ribbon connector from the DC controller PCA to the HVPS is properly seated at both ends..
22. Verify that the photoconductive drum is rotating properly. Perform is the drum diagnostic test to visually observe if the drum is rotating.
23. OR using a felt-tipped marker place an index mark on the edge of the drum outside the image area. Turn on the printer (wait for drum rotation to occur), and then look to see if the drum has 24. moved. If the drum has not moved, investigate the mechanical and electrical drum rotation circuitry and movement mechanisms.
25. The imaging drum shutter may not be retracting. Replace the imaging drum.
26. Lst but not the least, please fry to have the Printer int the Setcie
There is a service update from Canon, where a part needs to be change in the laser area. You can try to slam the toner door shut to see if it changes it temporarily, but a laser shutter arm needs to be changed.