hi - we got disconnected (accidentally ended the chat session?)
for the light pattern that you have here are the related issues:
paper jams , obstructions , cover error
Resettingthe Printer By resetting the printer'spower, the print bufferis clearedand certain sensors are reset. Ifthere is invalid data inthe buffer, orsensors are stuck in aparticular mode; errors may occur.Follow thesesteps to reset the printer:
Note:Ifresettingthe printer does not work, please attempt any othersolutionsthatappeared in your search results.If this is a hardwareerror ontheprinter, the printer may need to be repaired.Issue:
- Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).
- Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared) .
- Unplugthe printer's power cord for approximately10minutes, and then plug itback in. If troubleshooting acommunicationissue, reconnect the datacable (not applicable to WiFi,Bluetooth orInfrared).
- Turn the printer back on.
Alarm / Power light flashes orange 3 times consecutively (Paper Jam Error / Cover Error) Solution:
The iP1700 may require repair
Unfortunately,theissue you describe seems to indicate that yourproduct may requirerepairservice. If you feel your product mightrequire service, aTechnicalSupport Representative will be happy toanswer any questionsyou may haveand explain the service optionsavailable to you. You cancontact usthrough the email link or phonenumbers listed below.
- Obtain Support by Email
- Fortoll-free technical support, please call 1(800)828-4040 duringregular business hours (currently Monday-Friday10:00a.m. - 10:00 p.m.EST, excluding holidays).
- Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired is available Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752
- Technical Support is available for Customers in Canada at 1-800-OK-CANON
The InstantExchange Warranty Program is available:
(1) only for certain printer, facsimile, multifunction, and scanner models;
(2) during the express limited warranty period for such products; and
(3) only in the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii.
Sowemay better assist you, please make sure that you can accessyourCanonproduct and have the following information available whenyoucall:
- Product model name and serial number.
- Computer's operating system; for example Windows XP.
- Message displayed when the problem occurred.
- Steps you've already done to try to solve the problem.
For information regarding the Canon U.S.A., Inc. Limited Warranty, please click here
Welookforward to helping you rectify the issue you are experiencingandarealways available to provide any assistance you may need.