Question about Audio Players & Recorders
I HAVE 2 OF THESE UNITS WAS WORKING OK NOW THERE IS NO DISPLAY AND CANT GET IT TO POWER UP IT FLASHES BLUE WHEN RESET BUTTON IS PRESSED AT THE BACK OF THE UNIT ANY SUGGESTION ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM N.B BOTH UNITS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
First unplug your unit for two hours and then apply 30 seconds reset,
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Better to take it to the Service Center immediately.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
Are you holding the reset button in for a full 30 seconds? I know it sounds odd, but that's how they're doing it now.
Give it a try and let us know. When you do, please form your reply as adressing the expert in question, such as:
"worldvet: that didn't work any other ideas?"
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2012 | Logitech Radio Communications
Mar 10, 2012 | Sharp Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 29, 2011 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
"Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release the "OK" button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
2. Press and release the "OK" button.
3. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
4. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
6. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
7. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit."
Procedure from http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
Apr 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Resetting the main unit
Use this procedure to reset all the receiver's settings to the factory default. Use the front
panel controls to do this.
1 Switch the receiver into standby.
2 While holding down the TONE button, press and hold the STANDBY/ON button for about three seconds.
3 When you see RESET? appear in the display, press ENTER .
OK? shows in the display.
4 Press SYSTEM SETUP to confirm.
OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default
Mar 04, 2011 | Pioneer VSX-815-K Receiver
Feb 15, 2011 | Sony MEXBT3800U Xplod Bluetooth for Car or...
Jan 03, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 30, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Jun 05, 2010 | Sharp AF-S120FX Air Conditioner
Apr 18, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Printer
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!