Question about Sanyo Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a Sanyo microwave bought at Chatham Coop some time ago. Unfortunely for Roller Rest caught fire for no apparent reason and I wish to replace it. Product No. EM-S1067S UK 2. Please advise me.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 23 Answers

I don't think you will be able to get this part any more as sanyo microwaves are not made anymore and the parts have been shipped of to awi in the isle of white so if anybody will have any bits it will be them,hope this helps

Posted on Jul 31, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

2 slices of bread wrapped in paper towel microwave set on defrost set 35 seconds caught fire


Microwaves work by friction. They blast water molecules in the food so they move fast, just like rubbing your hands together makes them hot. Some types of microwave in defrost mode actually apply FULL POWER for a short period of time so to make the product warm to the touch. This heat then penetrates down to the core of the food, ensuring full defrost. In your case the heat was sufficient enough to heat the dry paper towel to set it on fire.
Bread is better defrosted on the low power setting as sliced bread is very thin. Items should only be defrosted on the defrost setting that are thick and need to be completely defrosted on the inside. Remember microwaves only penetrate the surface of food, making that hot. Thermal conduction does the rest.
You should never use paper towels in a microwave unless the instructions for doing the food say so. You wouldn't put a paper towel in a gas or electric oven, so don't put them in a microwave.

Feb 18, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp Carousel microwave - 1200 watts - Model R530EKT - caught on fire while using


you must carefully and read your instr. manual if some material inside the microwave can be produce fire. Otherwise the microwave can be old and the electronic component deterioring and cause exploding.Some time the material inside from the microwaves, is corroded, and the irradiation can be produce Fire. Tes the indication given.

God bless you

Oct 01, 2012 | Sharp R-510HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

A plastic container with hidden piece of metal caught fire in my Sharp r1490 and burned with a big flame. Several small holes were burned in the ceiling panel. Are we in danger of radiation exposure/ is...


The microwave oven is not safe to use, the fire has compromised the interior of the oven, if you run the microwave it will start to arc and eventually short out the magnetron, because the white enamel paint has been burned away. If you have holes in the ceiling there is danger of radiation leakage, for safety reasons the oven should be replaced.

Feb 23, 2011 | Sharp R-1490 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sweet potatoe caught fire in my microwve


the magnatron super heated the paper combined with what we in the industry call super combust your micro should be ok to use just keep it clean and if you use toweling wraP it around rather than cover

Apr 21, 2010 | Amana ACO1860 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Paper caught fire in microwave. microwave power


check breaker in your home electrical panel...make sure all are on

Nov 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave caught on fire.


I agree! That is an extreme hazard. Possibly due to over voltage of the power supply or faulty relay systems. Emerson is usually a cheaper brand anyhow. I would get the money back instead of exchange.

May 22, 2009 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a sanyo emc1900 commercial microwave. Yesterday the 10 amp top circuit fuse blew for apparantly no reason, no visible signs of any other damage. I replaced the fuse and the microwave tested fine. It...


It may be a shorted or failing high voltage rectifier diode or high voltage transformer.

Here are some links you or someone you know can use (in order given) for test help, but read the safety warnings first:

http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html
http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/xformer.html
http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/mag_test.html

You can find Sanyo UK microwave owner's manuals here.

You can find Sanyo UK support, parts and authorized servicers here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Sep 13, 2008 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It blows the fuse each time open the door if this em-Z2100GS


Probably a bad door switch or door switch mount. It may have gotten damaged or misaligned in shipping.

If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Being only 2 months old, I would think you have a warranty, but maybe not. I'd contact the seller to see.

Nov 21, 2007 | Sanyo EM-Z2100GS Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

48 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sanyo Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Gerry Harvey
Gerry Harvey

Level 3 Expert

1456 Answers

Are you a Sanyo Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...