Question about Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My 922 is jamming the paper as it loads. It looks like it is being fed okay on the right where the roller is but the left side of the paper is not moving into the printer area. I read your suggestion about checking that trays are aligned and paths are clear. I do not see any obvious paper stuck or trays out of alignment but don't know how to actually manipulate the printer. I cannot see much from the paper tray or from below the cover. Is there a way to clean the rollers etc? I do see lots of dust. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
printer does not have visible paper jam and printer is showing error paper jam
Check if the Encoder Strip is Broken or Missing
1.Power down the printer and unplug the power.
2.Slide the cartridge carrier inside the printer a couple of inches to the left.
3.Locate the encoder strip (Figure 1) on the right-side of the cartridge carrier encoder strip
The encoder strip is a plastic strip with small markings over its entire length. The strip may appear to be translucent.
Reposition the Encoder Strip
1. Remove the power cord from the printer.
2. Lift the scanner unit to expose the inside, where the printer cartridges are located.
3. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer.
4. Gently move the top part of the printer belt to the right.
5. Using an index finger, gently push encoder strip (Figure 1) down and then back up, to get it back into the slot located on the back of the ink cartridge carrier.
6. Gently press the strip first to the rear, and then forward, to ensure that it is seated correctly.
7. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the left, then to the right, to check the positioning of the encoder strip.
8. Once the encoder strip has been re-seated, close the scanner lid.
9. Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
Reseat the Dell Printer Power Adapter.
If your printer has a momentary loss of communication with your computer, it may be necessary to reset the printer to re-establish communication. You can reset a printer by unplugging the printer power cord from the electrical outlet and from the back of the printer for 10 seconds then reattaching the cord at both ends.
Check with manufacturer if printer is still covered under warranty...
If yes then get it replaced.....or else get a new printer
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX9400 Photo Printer
Feb 25, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 25, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 26, 2009 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 25, 2009 | Dell 944 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 01, 2008 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 30, 2008 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 08, 2008 | Lexmark P915 InkJet Photo Printer
312 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: