My lg env will begin charging but after a short while the display shows " charge complete". But when the phone is used for maybe 20-30 minutes the charge drops all the way down and the phone goes dead. Thought maybe I need a new battery, but the phone is only about a year old. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I go out and spend more money on another battery. Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your phone's battery has most likely reached the end of its life. Luckily, replacement batteries for the enV Touch are very inexpensive. Here's a battery that will work with your phone, for $8.00, and free shipping. I am not affiliated with the seller.
Your phone is charging just fine. It's the battery that is to blame.
Purchase a new battery from your choice of local vendors and the problem will be solved.
Also, try not to charge it (With the new battery) until the charge is low. This will help prolong battery life.
I have VX11KV03 and I am having exactly the same issues; phone reseting to default display, sound, etc and trouble charging. Verizon tech support suggest a *211 call to update the software. Also, with the charging, even though this is still a hassel, unplug and replug in your phone after it says charge is complete. It will actually fill the charge the second time. Hopefully this wroks!
Hey i think i just figured out the problem to all the port charging issues for the envy and envy 2 phones with verizon. its not the phones, its the charger cord! the part that goes into the phone. it gets pulled out over time from pulling the cord out of the phone all the time. get a pair of pliers. grab the end and push the metal end of the cord against somthing hard, push it back in so it is at the appropriate depth. this should make it charge properly again!
i have the same problem with my enV my friend stripped the wires to my charger at the part where you plug it into the phone so now to charge my phone i tape the red wire to the positive on the battery and the black wire to the negitive there will be a shiny metal goldish color thing (there like 4 lil gold bars) on your battery that looks like this --> (negative) | | | | (positive) | - | | | + | tape the wires on the outside were the symbols are - and + and try not to let it toch the middle bars on the battery or it wont work and dont cover the little bars up with tape put the battery back in the phone making sure the wires dont move to much and it should charge sometimes you got tape the battery onto the phone to make sure it doesnt pop out but its what i do and it saves you money on having to go buy a whole new one or if you know someone with the same phone give them your battery to charge it :)
The reason the phone won't charge is because the internal power port pins are broken off of their solder joints to the main board inside the phone. Wiggling it helps at first because the pins can still touch their connection points but after a short time that will cease to help. Google "cell phone repair". It usually cost around $50 to get it fixed with a new power port installed. Turn-around is usually 2-3 days.