Question about Canon FAX-JX200
The JX200 has four modes of fax receipt - Fax/Tel, Manual, Answering Machine, and Fax Only. The Fax/Tel mode, which you have indicated is your desire, is meant to let the fax machine automatically switch between fax and voice calls. Documents are received automatically, and the machine rings for voice calls.
Set the mode by pressing [Receive Mode/Resolution]. Every time you press [Receive Mode/Resolution], the mode changes cyclically.
If you set Fax/Tel mode, you can control precisely how the fax handles incoming calls by adjusting the following settings:
• Adjust the time the fax takes to check whether a call is from a fax machine or a telephone (<RING START TIME> setting).
• Adjust the length of time the fax rings when the call is a voice call (<TEL RING TIME> setting).
• Set whether the fax switches to receive mode after the ring time set in <TEL RING TIME> has elapsed (<DEFAULT ACTION> setting).
1. Press [Menu].
2. Use arrows to select <DATA REGISTRATION>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <USER SETTINGS>.
3. Use arrows to select <RX SETTINGS>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <ECM RX>.
4. Use arrows to select <FAX/TEL AUTO SW>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <RING START TIME>.
5. Press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <8SEC.>
6. Use the numeric buttons, or arrows to enter the time the fax waits before ringing when it receives a call, then press [Start/Copy] twice.
7. Use the numeric buttons, or arrows to enter the time the fax rings while waiting for someone to pick up the Handset, then press [Start/Copy] twice. The LCD displays <RECEIVE>.
8. Use arrows to select <RECEIVE> or <DISCONNECT>, then press [Start/Copy]. This setting tells the fax what to do if the Handset is not picked up within the specified ring time set in step 6.
9. Press [Stop].
Setting ends and the fax returns to standby mode. The machine will now handle calls as indicated in the settings you input.
If this information assists you in resolving the problem, please take a moment to rate the solution at a "FixYa" level. If you do not feel that you can rate at a "FixYa", please post back with more information regarding what has occurred subsequently, and I will gladly help you until we have reached a definitive solution. Thank you for using and rating FixYa!
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2011 | Fax Machines
Dec 14, 2009 | Canon LaserClass 720i Plain Paper Fax
Oct 14, 2009 | Brother IntelliFAX 4750 Plain Paper Laser...
Aug 05, 2009 | HP 1040 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Mar 04, 2009 | OKIFAX 4580 Plain Paper LED Fax
Feb 27, 2009 | Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser
Jan 30, 2008 | Brother FAX-575 Plain Paper Thermal
Is tel line going into correct socket of fax? (Line not Ext.)
Is Fax set to auto answer or manual?
If you pick up line or press speaker button can you hear other fax sending if so press start and hang up you should receive fax, and you have just proven that machine is in manual receive mode!
I think you will find it will wake from sleep automaticly if setup correctly.
Oct 11, 2007 | Brother IntelliFAX 5750e Laser Fax
184 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: