Windows either dosent start up or is slow and freezes
Usually it says sorry for the inconvience windows did not start up properly, needs to check for consistancy, blah blah blah. Then it'll be a balck screen with a bunch of letters/ numbers. It did a system check and said it corrected the file but today the same thing is happening. What do I do?
Re: Windows either dosent start up or is slow and freezes
You want the good news or the bad news! The good news is it can be fixed. The bad news is you will loose all info and files on your hard drive. You will have to format your hard drive and install a fresh copy of windows..
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can start by checking the Event Viewer. Right click My Computer / Manage. Check System for Errors and Warnings. They can be very technical, but most likely there is some event. Check Application as well. There is a Filter option under View. Leave Warning and Error checked.
A helpful tip.
like not enough resources such as RAM and CPU. Check Performance in
disabling startup programs. Go to Start > Run (search in Win 7) and type
MSConfig. Startup tab and uncheck
anything that you don't want Windows to load automatically. It will make
Windows boot faster and use less resources while running. This just disables them in startup.
Programs will still load, but when only you initiate.
vista requires certain specifications to run properly. If you are trying to run this on a computer which is too old then it will quite often stop responding.example you need 1Gig RAM or higher, etc. viruses are also one of the causes why windows would run slow, you should try a registry cleaner to fix registry problems.
YouTube freeze can happen due to many reasons. Major reasons are overload on website, simultaneous running of many programs on your computer, Low RAM, Slow internet connection or corrupt windows registry.
For smooth watching of YouTube Videos take following actions:
1. Watch videos at off peak times, if possible
2. Do not run other programs while watching videos. They slow down computer in general by making use of memory.
3. Add RAM on your computer. More RAM will make easy execution of heavy programs on your system.
4. Get better and speedy internet connection. Talk to your ISP in this regard.
5. Regularly clean windows registry. Windows registry is vital place that stores information for important computing functions. A congested or corrupted windows registry makes computer slow that causes YouTube like freezes. For this, get the best registry cleaner reginout and optimizer. Use it once in a fortnight for fast computing to avoid YouTube freezes and system slow down.
Boot to safe mode. Then log in as administrator. Open My Computer, rightclick on C drive. Click properties. Select Tools and then click Error Checking. Select (Automatically fix file system errors) and then click start.
It will ask that you restart the computer. Upon restart it will run a check disk and if there are any file system error that may be affecting your boot up problem, it will fix them. If that was the problem, it should start up after this process. If not then let me know so we can try something else.
Sounds like U got too much going on. Open the MSconfig - startup tab and uncheck everything, reboot. System will start what it needs to start. Do cleanup then defrag.
Do the above at least once a week.
WinXP sp3 is not available for download. Cleanup Ur machine first.