Printer not printing, only a page of a 2 page article.
you did not stated what computer and what operating system, telepathy do not work very well...
i assume that printer is connected via wireless? and you operate some flavour of windows?
if that is the case, please follow procedure below:
1. open notepad
2. type exactly lines below:
net stop spooler
net start spooler
3. save as on desktop: DeletePrintJobs.cmd (do not delete it after! you may need it in years to come!)
4. click on it with right mouse button and then left mouse button and run as an administrator, this commands will delete all spooling jobs for the printers, regardless of the brand.
5. reboot your computer
if this did not work, then follow procedure below, this is true towards usb as well as wireless:
1. switch off printer and disconnect power cord to it
2. remove all drivers for the printer
3. run procedure from above then after restart
4. use ccleaner and clean your computer as well as registry
5. re-install printer using newest drivers appriopriate for your operating system, be it 32bit or 64bit as this is most common cause of this printer mis-behaviour
6. re-connect the printer
re-examine your wireless settings and set it as follows:
1. download and update from router manufacturer your firmware for your router, model and version
2. set SSID broadcast, change if you want to
3. set security to "WPA Personal", "WPA-PSK (TKIP)
4. set password, it need to be at least 12 characters (mixed!) long, do not use dictionary or common words!
5. set mode to "b" and "g", or if available on all your devices "n"
6. set channel to 1 or 6 or 11, these are most clear channels for most devices
7. disable/skip MAC address filtering
8. keep DHCP settings
9. save all changes
10. reboot router after changes, it will take up to 2 min
11. switch off all systems
12. re-power everything after 20sec
13. re-establish all connections
this procedure should keep your wireless connection at optimum and life relatively easy.
if you find my advice useful, please do nto forget to vote for me
Jul 31, 2010 |
Dell V313w AllInOne InkJet Printer