Question about NetGear DG834G Router
There is a possibility that the user name and password that you are using is not used for the wireless connection of the network. If you have WPA enabled on your router, you need a password with a minimum number of 8 characters. If you enabled WEP on the router, it may need 10 or 26 characters depending on what type of encryption is enabled on the router.
You can check that using the Web interface of the router. Try these steps:
1. Connect a computer to the router wired then restart the computer.
2. Launch an internet browser and type in http://192.168.0.1 or if you changed the IP, use the changed address.
3. If it asks for a user name and password, set admin as the user name and password as the router password. If you have changed the password, use the new password.
4. Click on the wireless and check the security type. Make sure that the Mac filter is disabled and there you can find the network key set on your computer.
5. You can then use that key to connect your wireless computer
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Aug 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2011 | TP-LINK Tenda W311R WirelessN Router AP...
You have to reconfigure the settings of your router.
1. Open a browser and type in on the address bar 192.168.1.1 then press enter.
2. It will ask for a username and password. Put in Admin for username and password for password.
33. Once you have the graphical interface of your router, configure the wireless setting. Put in your username and password for your wifi.
Hope this would help. Thanks.
May 30, 2011 | D-Link DIR-412 Mobile Broadband Wireless...
May 22, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Feb 21, 2011 | Linksys WRH54G Wireless Router
Dec 01, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Nov 08, 2009 | Blitzz Technology (BWA611) Router
Mar 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!