Question about NetGear DG834G Router
There is a possibility that the user name and password that you are using is not used for the wireless connection of the network. If you have WPA enabled on your router, you need a password with a minimum number of 8 characters. If you enabled WEP on the router, it may need 10 or 26 characters depending on what type of encryption is enabled on the router.
You can check that using the Web interface of the router. Try these steps:
1. Connect a computer to the router wired then restart the computer.
2. Launch an internet browser and type in http://192.168.0.1 or if you changed the IP, use the changed address.
3. If it asks for a user name and password, set admin as the user name and password as the router password. If you have changed the password, use the new password.
4. Click on the wireless and check the security type. Make sure that the Mac filter is disabled and there you can find the network key set on your computer.
5. You can then use that key to connect your wireless computer
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2016 | Gateway At&t 2701hgv-b 2wire Hi Speed...
Mar 05, 2016 | Google Cell Phones
Mar 06, 2015 | Sony Ericsson Cell Phones
Nov 29, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Aug 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 22, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Feb 21, 2011 | Linksys WRH54G Wireless Router
Jan 08, 2011 | Samsung Star GT-S5233 Cell Phone
Dec 01, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Nov 08, 2009 | Blitzz Technology (BWA611) Router
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!