Question about Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.
(In some models it is a larger stirrer cover type made of thicker plastic in the ceiling of the oven)
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced. It provides important protection for the magnetron.
You can order Magic Chef / Ewave parts here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
Man that was right on the money fixed asap washed it dried it bam saved me from going out to buy a new one even suprised the wife hahahahahaa thank you all for the great advice
Posted on May 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2013 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Nov 20, 2011 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Sep 04, 2011 | Danby DMW1146SS Microwave Oven
Feb 17, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Jan 20, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Nov 08, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Oct 17, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Jul 29, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: