Question about D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Hooked up the router to comcast modem and the computer. The 2 wireless computer won't pick up the internet. Help children are about to start school.
Comcast is apparently weeding out multiple connections through routers. They want you to pay extra for their wireless router and pay an extra $5 a month too.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Feb 15, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Feb 11, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Nov 26, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Jul 21, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Jun 05, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 10, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Dec 12, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 19, 2008 | Check Point (CPWSHCRA6500UUS) Router
Jul 18, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!