Question about U.S. Robotics USRobotics USR5461 Wireless MAXg Router wireless router (S4199613)
Hi! i am trying to access my computer using ftp. My router is a usr5461. I do not know accurately how to configure the port forwarding. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hello.. If you already have the port numbers needed and static IP on your computer, you can do the following steps to open them on your router:
1. connect a computer to the router wired.
2. Launch an internet browser and type in http://192.168.2.1. Use the user name and password that you have set for your router.
3. Click on the Firewall tab, then Port Forwarding
4. For the Protocol, specify if the port you will open is TCP or UDP.
5. Set the port numbers on both WAN and LAN port range then set the Static IP address on the textbox then click add. After doing that, check if you have an apply,save or ok button and click on that.
Here is the site for the user guide of your router.
If you do not know how to set a static IP on the computer, you can do the steps from this link. This depends on the operating system of the computer you are using. Make sure to set an IP address in the range of 192.168.2.x (x being a number from 2- 200).
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2013 | Cisco Model EPC3925 8x4 Eurodocsis 3.0...
Jan 06, 2011 | Buffalo Technology WHR-G54S Wireless...
May 27, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Jan 03, 2009 | D-Link DI-604 4-Port Cable/DSL Router...
May 07, 2008 | Dynex DX-E401 Router
Apr 14, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Aug 09, 2007 | SonicWALL PRO 300 Firewall
May 10, 2017 | U.S. Robotics USRobotics USR5461 Wireless...
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: