a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sometimes they 'crash' in sleep mode. Try hold the power button down for 10 seconds. This should make it reset. After the 10 seconds, release the power button. Then press it again to turn it on normally.
Please follow the steps below to reset the lenovo to factory settings
Note: All your data will be lost. So keep that in mind.
So take the backup of your data first in a separate HDD or flash drive.
1. Switch off the Computer
2. Press the power button and then immediately start tapping f11 key on the top of your keyboard.
3. You will hear a beep sound and then stop pressing it.
4. You will get the screen says windows is loading files. Wait untill it finishes.
5. Select the default language which is US and Click on next .
6. Enter your login credentials (username and password) if you use to login to the windows.
7. Then you will get the system Recovery Options screen where you need to select the last option "Lenovo Product Recovery"
8. Again preferred language will be English US and hit Next.
9. Accept the terms and conditions and hit next and then hit Yes on the warning.
10. Then it will start resetting the Lenovo Think pad to the factory default with no previous data. Same as when you purchased it.
If you have any query you can ask before restoring the Computer.
Hope this helps you. Reply if that fixes your issue.
Looks like somebody was trolling you. When did it start doing this? I suggest trying to turn it all the way off. Then turn it on again. Try fiddling with your power settings. Do you keep pressing the hibernate button accidentally? Press the hibernate button to wake it up. Also, Is there an obvious button that tells the computer that the screen is down. Try pressing that. Fiddle with it. If it started doing this randomly out of nowhere, you might want to do a system restore.