Question about PC Desktops
The 0×8024402C error code occurs because an incorrect character exists in the proxy override settings.
1. Incorrect character exists in the proxy override settings.
2. A misconfigured Proxy/Firewall can cause this problem.
3. You are trying to access Windows Update using VPN. The website and Automatic Update may not function properly.
4. The corporate environment does not have autoproxy implemented.
5. Your workstations sits behind a Microsoft ISA server.
Remove invalid characters from the proxy exception list and then clear the proxy cache:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools, select Internet Options.
3. Click on the Connections tab.
4. Click on the LAN Settings.
5. Click on the Advanced button.
6. Please delete any entry in the Exceptions section.
Next, clear your proxy cache:
1. Click on Start, and then click Run.
2. Type cmd in the Open box to get a DOS prompt.
3. Type proxycfg -d at the command prompt, and press Enter.
4. Type net stop wuauserv at the command prompt, and press Enter.
5. Type net start wuauserv at the command prompt, and press Enter.
6. Now try the site again.
Reconfigure or update your firewall program:
1. Double-check the Proxy/Firewall settings. Add the following urls to the exception list within your Firewall/Proxy:
VPN and Proxy.
You are trying to access Windows Update using VPN. The website and Automatic Update may not function properly.
Autoproxy is not picking up the wpad.dat proxy configuration file to determine the proxy to be used for the target URL. Thus we are going with no proxy!
1. Try to access Windows Update while not using VPN connection.
2. Use the proxycfg tool to specify a proxy server to use (proxycfg.exe -p <proxy server>). (contact your network administrator to find out the name and port of this proxy.)
This is every possible cause and solution for this error code and how to fix it. Please take the time to rate this Fixya for me for spending an hour researching every possible cause and solution for this code you posted for free, even if you don't figure it out. The solution to your problem is definitely here so read it carefully.
Posted on Jul 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Update Windows driver:
An obsolete driver can be one reason for causing this error problem.
Therefore to remove 0x80070057 errors message from your system you need to update your Windows driver.
For that you must
it might take some time being a freeware driver solution
note: it will find all of your outdated drivers
this is a free driver solutions
this will automatically search for and find the correct driver
you will have to update every driver individually once you update you might be asked whether you want to restart or make a system restore point click no to both of these then continue updating each driver free then restart once all of the drivers have been updated
Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 free driver program
Registry repair: Corruption to the registry can cause 0x80070057 errors to appear. Registry is the storehouse of files and program settings. Therefore frequent access to the registry key can cause corruption to it. Therefore you need to to repair the
registry. also http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/
If the error problem still remains in your system then it is recommended to
microsoft security essentials your operating system must be registered
Win7/Vista/XP 64 bit
http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4281&file=1&evp=dbb3b0aebe6a6a4ff18089a6489a5e62 anti malware free edition Win XP/2003/Vista/Windows7
It might be possible that due to virus or malware has infected your system that's causing 0x80070057 errors.
The anti spyware software will remove the viruses and make your system clean.
Hence increases the performance level of your system.
all of this is freeware
hope this helps
if there are any stubborn drivers
click start control panel administration tools computer management device manager scroll through all of your devices
if you see a yellow question or exclamation mark ? ! or a red X you will need to update the drivers for this device right click select update driver/reinstall driver
if you can see your usb device but its not working scroll to Ports(Com&Ltd) right click to update driver
Device Doctor is a freeware Windows application that scans your computer hardware and checks to see if there are new driver updates available for your devices. It also locates drivers for Unidentified Devices in the Windows Device Manager. This tool was designed to be very simple and easy to use
Sep 20, 2012 | HP Pavilion PC Desktops
on Nov 29, 2010 | PC Desktops
Feb 23, 2012 | Dell Dimension E310 PC Desktop
Dec 24, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 531s Desktop Computer
Dec 08, 2010 | PC Desktops
Feb 10, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Nov 17, 2008 | PC Desktops
Aug 16, 2008 | PC Desktops
Aug 03, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jun 21, 2008 | E-Machines PC Desktops
510 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!