Question about Computers & Internet
The 0×8024402C error code occurs because an incorrect character exists in the proxy override settings.
1. Incorrect character exists in the proxy override settings.
2. A misconfigured Proxy/Firewall can cause this problem.
3. You are trying to access Windows Update using VPN. The website and Automatic Update may not function properly.
4. The corporate environment does not have autoproxy implemented.
5. Your workstations sits behind a Microsoft ISA server.
Remove invalid characters from the proxy exception list and then clear the proxy cache:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools, select Internet Options.
3. Click on the Connections tab.
4. Click on the LAN Settings.
5. Click on the Advanced button.
6. Please delete any entry in the Exceptions section.
Next, clear your proxy cache:
1. Click on Start, and then click Run.
2. Type cmd in the Open box to get a DOS prompt.
3. Type proxycfg -d at the command prompt, and press Enter.
4. Type net stop wuauserv at the command prompt, and press Enter.
5. Type net start wuauserv at the command prompt, and press Enter.
6. Now try the site again.
Reconfigure or update your firewall program:
1. Double-check the Proxy/Firewall settings. Add the following urls to the exception list within your Firewall/Proxy:
VPN and Proxy.
You are trying to access Windows Update using VPN. The website and Automatic Update may not function properly.
Autoproxy is not picking up the wpad.dat proxy configuration file to determine the proxy to be used for the target URL. Thus we are going with no proxy!
1. Try to access Windows Update while not using VPN connection.
2. Use the proxycfg tool to specify a proxy server to use (proxycfg.exe -p <proxy server>). (contact your network administrator to find out the name and port of this proxy.)
This is every possible cause and solution for this error code and how to fix it. Please take the time to rate this Fixya for me for spending an hour researching every possible cause and solution for this code you posted for free, even if you don't figure it out. The solution to your problem is definitely here so read it carefully.
Posted on Jul 30, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2017 | Computers & Internet
on Nov 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 21, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
May 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 10, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2017 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Nov 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 13, 2008 | Nvidia GeFORCE 4 MX440SE / 4000 / 4X DDR...
533 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!