Question about Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for PC
I was not able to log on my server coz my c:windowssystem32configsystem was corrupted. There's a recommendation to insert my cd ang try to repair using recovery console, but my problem was i don't know how to fix it using recovery console. Please help regarding this matter... Thanks!
You are getting this problem b'cause loss of ur system file i.e. "CONFIG.SYS", Which loads ur initial files and drivers needs to start ur operating System.
You must follow the steps given below to start repairing ur System:
1. Insert the Bootable OS Disk into ur CD/DVD-ROM.
2 Reboot ur System.
3. The system will prompt You to "Press any key to boot from CD".
4. Press Any key.
5. Now the system will load all initial files and hardware driver.
6. After loading driver and files, OS will ask you for acceptence with their Terms and Conditions.
7. You must Agree with terms and condition. press F8 key for accepting terms n conditions.
8. After step 7, OS will search for the partition of ur Previously installed OS. If you have two operating system then it will show two Partitions with their name and drive letters. (You must remember the drive letter where ur OS is installed that u want to repair)
9. Now Leave that option as it is. And press Escape key.
10. Now You'll be able to see all those partitions you have on ur Hard disk, with their drive letter, Name and free space.
11. Select the partition of OS that u wanted to Repair, By Scrolling Arrow Keys. (Be carefull while selecting the Partition. If you select wrong partition then You wont be able to repair ur OS)
12. And then Press "R" Key from ur Keyboard.
13. Now OS Will search for the partition you have specified.
14 It will Delete Old system files and Copy New files (Note: You won't loose any data, Previously you had saved on ur boot partition).
15. After Step 14, OS will save the configuration and Will Reboot itself.
16. Again You will be asked for "press any key to boot from CD". Don't Press Any key at this step.
17. Now follow the wizard n specify correct information you will be asked.
18. It will take about 20 to 30 minutes to Repair ur OS.
Note: These Steps are not valid if you are using Windows Vista
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
Apr 26, 2015 | Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Full...
Jun 04, 2014 | Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition...
Feb 29, 2012 | Dell PowerEdge 2600 Server
Jun 25, 2009 | Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional...
Jun 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise...
Oct 17, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
Jul 18, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
Jan 11, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: