Question about Microwave Ovens
How to replace handle on GE Advantium SCA1001DSS.
Remove two screws on top at front in order to remove plastic front vent grill. Then the door lifts off pin hinges. Lay door flat on surface. Plastic trim snaps off with gentle prying (start at bottom middle and bottom hinge side). Then remove six screws holding notched metal section with door latch. This piece will also snap out (several visible clips holding it around edges). Then remove door handle screws, Replace handle and reverse process to put back together.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
I had a problem with the bottom screw boss on the handle breaking so screw was no longer held in place but managed to fix it this way:
- followed jamwillie's advice (except had to work with door in place because could not lift it off hinges on the JVM1190 model)
- used heat gun to soften up the plastic trim to lessen risk of breaking the plastic
- removed existing handle
- drilled hole deeper into broken boss, same inside diameter as boss (taking care not to drill through the handle)
- replaced bottom screw with a longer, pointed end screw which threaded into remaining plastic at location of bottom screw boss
- remounted handle
- remounted trim (needed heat gun again)
- reassembled unit
Posted on May 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2015 | Hotpoint RVM1325WW Microwave Oven
Aug 01, 2014 | Frigidaire FFMV162LW Microwave Oven
Apr 12, 2010 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Jan 14, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 31, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 18, 2009 | Jenn-Air M439 Microwave Oven
Aug 29, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 04, 2009 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
2,055 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!