Question about Linhof Photography

1 Answer

I have a very old Linhof tripod. The serial number on the base is 31615, the number on the post gearing is 601600. I need a handle for the post gear and a heavy duty pan head, as there is only a flat plate on the top of the post (there is no threaded bolt even). I would like to use this unit for a very heavy pair of binoculars for astronomy.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 488 Answers

Not sure if this will solve the problem but you could try here

Posted on Dec 03, 2017


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


SOURCE: Tripod plate leveler thumb screw

Try They sell some repair parts for velbon tripods.

Posted on Feb 28, 2008

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Need parts to repair pan handle

I just had this problem! I took it to Ace hardware and the guys helped me out, big time. I have a PH-358 panhandle and the same piece fell of during a shoot into some brush and dirt outside.

We (they) fixed it using a #6 metric bolt and butterfly wing nut along with two grommets (3/8 ID and 5/8 OD). It worked perfectly! Not only does it hold the handle together but you can tighten or loosen the handle as well using the butterfly wing nut.

Posted on Apr 16, 2008

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Solidex camcorder tripods

If anyone should need a latch to hold a camera for the defunkt Solidex tripod, I was in the same boat but have found one here in Germany. The company is called "CULLMANN"
the part is at Stativ-Zubehor quick release platform for 1/4 Video.
Good luck~

Posted on Dec 31, 2008

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: Solidex camcorder tripods

OKAY!! Thanks to the reply of "Baldwink", I was able to locate the product he suggested here in the U.S. from several dealers. This is the plate that mounts to the camera and allows easy removal/attachment to the tripod.

For the Solidex VT-90 tripod (the one I have and may fit others), order the Cullman CU-40470 Quick Release Plate. This is also described as the "Cullman Medium Quick Release 42mm" plate.

If you don't have the VT-90, measure the shoe plate area on top and remember that there will be at least one beveled (angled) area. Mine measured exactly 42mm square, so I am confident that the Cullman plate will fit. Also, the standard thread size for camera mounting is 1/4", but there are some cameras that use 3/8", so you might want to double check your camera for this spec.

I googled "cullman 40470 quick release" and found several U.S. dealers. The best price was from at $14 plus $5 ground shipping. Some dealers want as much as $33.

After nearly 20 years, I can use my Solidex VT-90 again!

Posted on Jan 07, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: need manual for kodak Gear Tripod 60'' or instructions about it's

Look at the bottom of your camera and you should see a hole where a screw would screw into. That should be the screw on the top of your tripod.

Posted on Mar 24, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Where on the body of my homelite chain saw can I find the serial number! SuperXL 910 used to have a rubber insert?? +- 1971?

on the rear handle

and just for fun, this deciphers the date and other interesting stuff.

Figuring Out Homelite Serial Numbers - Chainsaw
Dec 28, 2006 - 15 posts - ‎10 authors
With this information, you can now de-cipher the serial number of your new old beastly beauty and find that she was made at assembly line ..

Jun 28, 2017 | Homelite Garden

1 Answer

No sound from my technika tv but picture perfect

Hook up speakers to the audio out. ur dead or on mute

Aug 04, 2013 | Linhof 45 Multifocus Viewfinder for...

1 Answer

Hi, I have just bought the 190CXPRO3 carbon fibre

Little confused here. Is the head the part you want to detach from an older set of legs? Do you want to remove center post from new legs or old legs. The base plate remains on the center post/ Aftre removing 3 set screws, and you want to remove the head from the baseplate and it will not turn, grap slip joint pliers or a pipe wrench, wrap the jaws with cloth ( to prevent marring of head or legs) and while holding head with wrench, have someone else turn legs

Apr 26, 2011 | Manfrotto (190XB,128RC) Tripod

1 Answer

The lowest section of one of the 'legs' of my Linhof tripod suddenly fell out. I retrieved the clip, rectangular black plastic piece and a flat 'silver' piece and that is all. Cannot replace the section...

Linhof photographic equipment is sturdy and robust, designed for use by busy professionals. I cannot understand how you can break this item not once but twice. Take it to your local repair facility and get them to repair it for you.

May 05, 2017 | Linhof Photography

1 Answer

My Bausch & Lomb Professional Tripod 3 way Oil Fluid Pan Head Tilt Tension Knob is broken and the quick release plate is missing. Do you have parts for this unit?

Take off Ring Sitting Nob .... issue with tentionner Ring holder crack or base crake.. need to be change... Cause exessive force on the handle

Sep 29, 2010 | Bausch and Lomb Bausch&Lomb Master Tripod

1 Answer

Where is the serial number

The serial number is located on the base of the camera on a label adjacent to the tripod mount. The model number is in smaller type Silver on Black; serial number is a larger font Black on Silver. It should be a 9 digit alphanumeric code format < LnLLnnnnn > where L=letter & n=number.
I hope this is of assistance. RHN

Jan 02, 2010 | Panasonic HDC-HS20 High Definition AVCHD...

1 Answer

I need a spare part for this tripod, its the arm that you need to spin that makes the camera goes up and down. I need a part number and a price for this component. Thanks, Eran

Sorry that I can't give you a definitive answer, but Velbon do not publish a spares catalogue.

Spare parts are usually available for current/recent models but you need to contact Velbon directly via the web address given below; it takes you to another page which is appropriate to your country. The part which you're after is called a centre column crank handle.

Velbon are at the budget end of the market so spares support and repairs have never been that great, but the company do sometimes simply post you a new tripod instead of repairing the old one.

Note that if you're in the UK and the tripod has failed earlier than can reasonably be expected then it is covered by the Sale of Goods Act (SoGA) for up to six years. Note that it is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is liable under SoGA and the manufacturers warranty is in addition to your statutory rights.

Oct 05, 2009 | Velbon CX-440 Tripod

1 Answer

Need a handle

repair and replacement parts can be ordered by:
• Phone 973-627-9600

Jun 01, 2008 | Sunpak Ultra Pro 757 Tripod

Not finding what you are looking for?
Photography Logo

Related Topics:

263 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Linhof Photography Experts


Level 2 Expert

488 Answers


Level 3 Expert

83593 Answers

Tony Parsons
Tony Parsons

Level 3 Expert

5453 Answers

Are you a Linhof Photography Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides