A friend tried to send me a ringtone thru bluetooth. now, only the power button works. Even the volume control on the side doesn't work. I can receive calls, and when my phone connects via bluetooth in my car, I can make calls using the keypad display of the car but I cannot get any key on the phone to work. I have taken the battery out several times and at one point every key tried to launch a browser but it's back to no key working except for the power key. I have never locked it and it has not been exposed to moisture. HELP!!!!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Keypad doesn't work
I'm thinking this may be a failure of the phone that is not related to the ringtone, unless there's such a thing as a virus that can nuke a cellphone. I've had two RAZR phones die on me (neither in this method), but anything with a keypad such as that on the RAZR will eventually have trouble. Stop into your provider's store and see if it's something they've seen and know how to correct.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. try to check if the volume up or down is working,if not, remove the battery cover and dismantle the lower panel at the back using a T6 precision screw,unscrew 2 screws and by using your thumbnail look for edge cover,insert and lift it up gentle (remember that a flex connector is attach on the right side If done,check the volume switch and remove the circular metal (keypad membrane) that is volume high and low apparently.clean it and align it when returning back before assembling it(might some shortage or hang buttons that's why keys are not working).,also try to check if the flex connector or socket is clean as well as the board socket connector cause keypad function has the line with it.assemble it and try if its working.
2. If the method above fails,need to replace the keypad flex cable.it maybe to risky for you to do cause the keypad connector is connected at the upper flip panel.i maybe reliable if you continue and there's a chance to break the lcd cause upper portion is to hard to dismantle.better bring it a mobile service center for keypad flex replacement.
Hi, you can transfer music from your phone through blue tooth.
What you'll need:
Bluetooth Enabled Phone
About 5 - 10 minutes (Depending on your phones Bluetooth speed and your patience.
Step 1: Powering on Bluetooth
First off, we will need to power your Bluetooth antenna on. To do this, please complete the following: Go to the Main Menu (by pressing the Menu key on your phone Go to the Settings button (usually looks like a wrench and screwdriver Scroll down to "Connections" and press the Enter button (usually in the center of the multidirectional mouse. If you don't know what that is you can press "Select" on the top LEFT or top RIGHT buttons on your phone keypad). Go to Bluetooth Link Go down to "Setup" Select Power Make sure that there is a check mark next to the "ON" option You may now press the END key on your phone (or close it and open it again) # 4
Step 2: Sending the File
In this step, you will learn how to send a simple file (A graphic, Ringtone or Address Book entry. For this article we will learn with a Ringtone. Please note that you MUST have a Non-Motorola ringtone (so you can't use Cingular tune for copyright purposes).
Please follow these steps: Go to the Main Menu. Go to My Stuff Go to Sounds (which may be labeled as something else) Find the ringtone you wish to send. Press the Menu button (Or use the appropriate soft key, or the key in the very upper left or right hand corner of the phone keypad) Go to Manage Go to "Copy" (NOT move) Select Bluetooth Go to Look for Devices (if it is not the only thing on the list) It should display a message stating "Scanning" and under that "Devices Found: #". (# = Number of Bluetooth enabled devices in range) After this is finished, select the phone by which you would like to send the file. Press Select Check the phone you are sending the file to and make sure it is sending properly. You may need to okay this from the other phone. If you are asked for a password usually
Tips & Warnings
Make sure you do this on BOTH Phones and NOT just the one you are sending the file from.
Check for buttons on the side of the phone. There should be an up and down button to change the volume either way. If that doesn't work look for setting and then sounds. From there, it should be possible to find a way to change the volume of the ringtone.
before you try to send him ringtones. under the connections menu turn both bluetooths on. at the same time on your husbands phone push the find me icon and on your phone push add new devices. yours should pick it up.
perhaps you may try if you haven't already to go into settings>sounds>and from there you will be able to see what you have your ringer volumes and other stuff set up. be sure to check ringtone type, volume, and alert. This should be able to help you. Then it depends on What ringtone you have set for them. I created a voice note and used it as a ringtone and for some reason it stopped working and now when my mama calls it just beeps letting me know I missed a call. Even though the other voice notes work fine as ringtones. I haven't changed it yet.