Question about Hitachi Director's Series 65XWX20B 65" Rear Projection Television
I have a Hitachi 65XWX20B 65 inch rear projection tv, I simply want to move it into the den, but it's too bulky to be able to turn it around in the hallway to get it into the door. I'd like to dis-assemble the cabinet so that I can move it in pieces. Anyone know how to open the cabinet...I unscrewed all the screws...nothing budges. If I could just get the bulgy back end separated from the rest of the cabinet then I think I would be OK. Has anyone done this, or does anyone have the service manual?
The 65XWX20B comes apart in 2 pieces - there is a top half and a bottom half.
- The bottom half houses all of the electronics, projection lenses, etc. It is very heavy and should be moved with care.
- The top half is basically just the screen.
I have moved this Television multiple times, even up and down from a 3rd floor apartment!
- First remove the screws holding the top and the bottom, the important ones are on the sides of the TV.
- This is important, I suggest 3 people do this part: Slowly lift the top away from the bottom half of the TV, but -not- very far. There is small wiring harness that that attaches the top of the TV to the bottom to a circuit board. This must be unplugged by one person while the other 2 hold the top half of the TV slightly above the bottom half. Note carefully where this plugs in so that you can reassemble easily.
- Once this is disconnected the TV is much easier to move, although still quite heavy and bulky. Do not turn the TV on its side - keep it upright while moving.
Reverse this process to put it back together.
Once you have done it once it is quite easy.
Posted on Aug 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 12, 2015 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Jul 21, 2010 | Hitachi 43UWX10B 43" Rear Projection...
May 22, 2010 | Hitachi Director's Series 65XWX20B 65"...
Nov 23, 2009 | Hitachi Director's Series 65XWX20B 65"...
Dec 24, 2008 | Hitachi Director's Series 65XWX20B 65"...
May 22, 2017 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Apr 14, 2017 | Hitachi Director's Series 65XWX20B 65"...
1,044 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: