What OS are you using?
I know that it is not fully compatible in Vista.
1) Try using an XP machine and plug it in there, in any case, reformat the MP3 player using FAT.
2) Try uninstalling all software for your MP3 player from your PC and reinstalling it.
3) Here is something else you might want to try:
Try doing a soft reset.
- Press and hold the Power On/Off key and the Volume + key for a couple of seconds.
- Then switch on the GoGear using the Power On/Off key.
This is soft reset, your songs will not be lost.
4) If all else fails, it's time for a factory reset:
- Connect the GoGear to the AC adapter and to your computer.
sure all other applications such as Philips Plug-in, Windows Media
Player or Windows Explorer that access the device are closed or else
Device Manager will not recognize the device. Launch the Device Manager
at Start->Programs->Philips Device Manager->Philips Device
Manager on your PC.
- Select the REPAIR tab on the dialogue box and then click "Repair" to start repairing.
IMPORTANT: All music & content of your micro jukebox will be erased once the repair function completes.
- When repair is complete a dialogue box will pop up; click "OK" and unplug the GoGear from the computer.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the repair.
Device Manager will close automatically once the success message is
displayed. Close all opened applications and then unplug your GoGear.
the GoGear is disconnected from the computer, the display will show
“Firmware Upgrading” for a couple of seconds and then start up as
Hope That Helps!