Question about Elna Heirloom Edition 6005
Inherited my mother-in-law's old Elna 410 sewing machine, without a manual. Nice machine, sews like a dream, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it wind the thread on the bobbin. On my newer Brother machine, simply sliding the bobbin knob to the right so it is near the stopping peg is all it takes to put the machine in bobbin-winding mode, but on the Elna this apparently doesn't do it. I have tried everything I can think of, but I can't make it go into winding mode. Help!
Wind the Bobbin
For the usual jobs, it is the best to use a medium sized thread.
2. Disengage the flywheel by unscrewing the coupling knob as far as it will go.
3. Place the bobbin on the bobbin winder, and push the bobbin winder to the right.
4. Pull out one of the spool pins and place the spool of thread on it.
5. Pass the thread through the bobbin winder tension discs, as indicated.
6. Wind the end of the thread around the bobbin by hand, in the direction indicated.
7. Wind the bobbin, at a medium speed by pressing lightly with a finger on the spool so as to stretch the thread better and thus fill the bobbin to a maximum. The full bobbin stops automatically.
8. Re-engage the flywheel by tightening the coupling knob.
9. Cut the thread and remove the bobbin from the bobbin winder by pushing the latter to the left.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Just fixed my moms. Take the top cover off, remove the arm, careful of the tension spring. clean the shaft hub. spin till you free it up then use a extra light oil and reassemble. Works great!
Posted on Aug 31, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2015 | Elna Quilter's Dream 6003Q
Mar 29, 2015 | Elna Sewing Machines
May 28, 2013 | Sewing Machines
Oct 30, 2011 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Mar 06, 2010 | Sewing Machines
Jul 07, 2009 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Feb 16, 2008 | Elna Quilter's Dream 6003Q
Oct 31, 2007 | Sewing Machines
1,614 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: