Question about HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet Printer
When trying to print card stock envelopes 5.5x8.5 on HP 6150 I keep getting a paper mismatch error. Tried changing to custom or finding even a 6x9 envelope. Nothing works. Also tried printing envelope from MS Word 2007 and that didn't work. Occasionaly instead of mismatch error, envelope will go through, but doesn't print. HP tech support is little help. Their solution is to rename the printer 990C and choose USB001 as the port. Is this an HP problem or a Vista issue? Help!
Sounds like it might be the same problem I had on my HP C7180. It seems to be rampant throughout their Multifunction printers.
My Fix, combining several others:
1. Go to Printers and Faxes on your Start Menu. In the Printers window, select Server Properties from the File menu. Use the Forms tab of the Print Server Properties dialog box to view printer forms. You may also see lots of forms that you wish your printer could see, but don't worry, it'll see the one you create now. And be sure when you create your form that you use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height. Usually for envelopes you will print in landscape mode.
2. Select the Create A New Form check box.
3. Enter a new name for the Form in the Form Description For field.
4. Use the fields in the Measurements area to set the paper size and margins. *Use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height*.
5. Choose the Save Form button to save the form. The Save Form button only gets pick-able when you type in a different name than what's there already.
Now go to your document program, such as Word. Make sure the window for the document you want to print is the active window. Select File/Page Setup..., Paper Size Tab, and there select the form you just created from the dropdown list
Still in your document program, select File/Print... then Properties. Select the Features tab, which may be differently named. Under Resizing Options/Size dropdown, select More... and there you'll find your newly created form down at the bottom, under Custom. Pick it.
If you're printing envelopes or other things where the way you view it it's wider side-to-side than it is tall, be sure and select "landscape" in both "page setup..." on your document program and in File/Print.../Properties/Features?Basic Options.
When I did all this methodically, I was able to print my Christmas envelopes. Yay!
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2011 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Mar 01, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5580 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 20, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One - InkJet...
Dec 19, 2009 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Dec 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 21, 2009 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Jun 03, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 10, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart 7850 InkJet Printer
Jul 16, 2008 | HP Photosmart 3210 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 17, 2017 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
543 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: