- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your are trying to connect via wireless from your laptop to the Netgear router, most likely it's requiring you to input the wireless security key(usually it's WEP or WPA encryption).
Access the router's setup page by typing http://www.routerlogin.netor192.168.1.1in the address field of
your browser(IE or Chrome). On the login use the default username and
After logging in. Look at the main menu on the left, click onWireless Settings, from there you can check
theWireless Key. If the wireless security is set to WEP, use the available Key code but If it's WPA, what you need is the passphrase.
Type the Key or Passphrase on your wireless laptop and it should connect to the router.
Have you run the setup wizard on the D-Link Wireless Router? Either via the the software cd provided, or by logging into the router and doing the basic setup?
An unconfigured D-Link router usually allows you to connect to it without requiring a wireless key. If it is asking for a password, it is possible that you have already specified one during the configuration of the router. Please make sure that you have correctly enter in the key you specified.
1. Each wireless device has to be allow to connect to the router via a specific IP address assigned by the router in its router table. It also can setup a wireless device, such as a laptop or phone via a MAC Address ( Media Access Control) number that is assigned to almost every wireless device. Here is an instruction set to follow to set up your wireless device in your router ( it is generic but works).
.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 ot 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or firefox) 2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window) 3.Note router name you are connecting to. 4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses. 5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser. 6.Note router name you are connecting to. 7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet. This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
ec1.images-amazon.com/media/i3d/01/.../MANUAL000000300.pdf Yo do NOT need special software, you simply access the unit via the Ethernet port and a Browser. It is all shown how to do it in the manual above. You log into the router by typing in it's address and a default log on and password, Then you setup your connection, as i said please use the manual. You need your Logon details and your password for your INTERNET connection,
I presume that your internet was working fine before you bought your new laptop. Unless you've done something to change it it should still be working as before.
You shouldn't need a CD - if you think about it you don't need a CD when you log in in Starbucks so why should you need one at home?
The only thing you need to know is the router's wireless name; Talktalk 12345etc, and its password - which is the password your son is using.
I can't explain why you can't connect when your son is connected - as the router should be able to host 253 laptops (very very slowly mind) - unless the router has been set with an access list that only allows his laptop to connect.
Some questions for you..
1. Do you know if the laptop has wireless capability ( since you said its an old laptop )
2. If there is built in wireless in the laptop, please chk if there is any wireless switch that you might have to power on
3. If its an external wireless card, please make sure that the drivers are installed in it.
4. Log on to the web interface of the router and check if you can change the wireless channel in the router. Change it to channel 11
I hope this solves the issue.
There may be different reasons why your wireless network is not working properly, let me ask you few questions in order to narrow down the problem.
Is your D-Link DIR-635 brand new therefore we are talking about a new installation?
Are you able to connect via wireless your two laptops in other locations?
Could it be that the wireless has not been enabled yet in your router settings? To check this you will have to log on to your router by typing 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of Internet Explorer then select Admin as Username and leave the password field blank. Go to the Wireless Settings and Setup tab in order to enable the "radio" signal.
Could it be that an SSID has not been assigned yet to your wireless network?