My printer stop working, the power light is off and the ink and paper lights are flashing and this the message that appears on the screen (Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. See your printer documentation.)
Epson Color Stylus 880 stopped printing, changed both cartridges, ran the head cleaning feature, no error messages, goes through the entire process as if it will be printing a document, but nothing on the paper. firstname.lastname@example.org Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Follow the steps below to clean the print head using the Head Cleaning utility.
Make sure that the printer is turned on and the ink out light is off.
Access the printer software.
Click the Maintenance tab, then click the HeadCleaning button.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
The power light flashes while the printer performs the cleaning cycle.
Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing. Doing so may damage the printer.
When the power light stops flashing, load a few sheets of paper and click Print Nozzle Check Pattern in the Head Cleaning dialog box to confirm that the print head is clean.
what type of light? ink light or paper light?
if its on ink light it means one or more of the inks is empty, if its the paper light means paper is jammed.
try to turn off/on the printer then load again paper.