An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: ps3 and sixaxis
As for the PS3. When you put in a disc, listen for the disc to start spinning. If you do not hear that then the laser and/or the spindle have blown out. You will have to get your Blu-Ray player serviced by a pro or Sony. Sony may fix it for free. They know that the drives are failing. So call them first.
The controller is probably unfixable. Sony would consider that abuse and would not replace it. I would honestly go to a gaming store that takes trade in's and trade it in for a refurbished one. That would be your best bet.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have to plug the usb cable into the PS3 and then the sixaxis. The PS3 doesn't recognize them because you reset the entire system. This is the same thing that you have to do when you buy a new one that didn't come with the PS3 at the start.
Can you give any information relating to the game you are trying to play? Do other games work? If your machine powers up and everything works accept the dvd drive the laser/drive maybe at fault.
It maybe as simple as you need a new sixaxis dualshock 3 controller.
Try to restore file system on your ps3. Follow this guide.
HOW TO GO TO THE RECOVERY MENU OF PS3 SYSTEM
1. Make sure the ps3 is plugged in (stand by mode). 2. Put out your usb cable for the controller and the controller itself (do not connect yet). 3. Hold down power firmly, ps3 will turn on and then turn off, release power button when t turns off. 4. Hold down power again, you will hear a beep and then a double beep, when you hear that double beep release the power button. 5. Now you should be seeing something in your monitor that say "Connect usb controller", do just that. 6. After connecting the controller press PS button. 7. You are now in the recovery menu. 8. To fix the problem of corrupt data you can choose #3. 9. If you want to format your hard drive choose #5. Be aware that this option will delete everything that is in your hard drive. 10. Remember that doing #3 and #5 is not 100% to fix the problem of corrupt data, I say about 70%.
Seems that the battery is low on power, when the controller is connected to the usb port of the ps3, all leds should start flashing, this show that the battery of the controller is recharging, when done the leds go off. Note that before the leds start flashing that it can thake up an minute before it starts doing that. Keep your ps3 on to recharge the controller.
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu.
I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted
I picked up the folling troubleshooting tips from the PlayStation Knowledge Center. I know it may seem silly or insulting; This is not my intention. Problems like this are usually just little things you're over-looking. Give thest tips a shot, one by one, and see if your solution is in here. If it isn't, message me back here & we'll try something else to get your controller working, ok? By the way... Is it a sixaxis controller or dualshock?
Verify if the SIXAXIS or DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller works with the USB cable.
Verify that the SIXAXIS or DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller's battery is charged.
Attempt to pair the SIXAXIS or DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller to another PLAYSTATION 3 system. This helps determine whether the problem is with the system or the controller.
Attempt to connect another SIXAXIS or DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller to the PLAYSTATION 3.
Move closer to the PLAYSTATION 3 system. The maximum range for Bluetooth is 30 feet.
Make sure you have less than seven Bluetooth peripherals paired with the PLAYSTATION 3.
Unplug any other USB device plugged into the system when pairing the SIXAXIS or DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller.
No, it's not possible to hook up sixaxis to PS2. Sixaxis is a part of DualShock 3 for PS3 which is an optional feature in the PS3 games. Playstation 2 controllers run off of DualShock 2. So sorry, but you're gonna need a PS3 for that.