I keep on getting a red light, the console powers on and goes to the start up but it just stays there for a while then a message will appear in different languages,, contact customer support.. any suggestions?? it worked perfectly before and this is the first time it happened..
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
- notice poor game performance (if your games start taking a long time to load, or they become stutter or crash, it may be indicative of a looming hardware failure)
-notice poor system performance (if your system locks up, even when not playing games, this is a sign of hardware failing).
- understand the different light codes Green-green lights indicate that console is powered and operating properly 1 red light-Hardware fault. Usually followed by E74 code on TV 2 red lights-overheating error. If the console becomes too hot, the system will shut down and display this light code 3 red lights-general hardware failure also known as the red ring of ***** 4 red lights-AV cable isnt currently plugged in
If you do get red ring of *****:
- purchase a fix kit
-have console professionally fixed
-have console sent in to microsoft
-Prevent red ring of *****-understand what causes hardware failure
-keep your system in a well ventilated area
- avoid long gaming sessions
-keep system horizontal
-avoiding stacking items on xbox
-clean gaming area
I wouldn't recommend messing with it. The power supply is defective, and messing with a power supply is very dangerous. get a new power supply, just make sure that it is compatible with your xbox(there are 3 different versions of xbox power supplies out there)
i think that means that the connection between the power brick and the xbox isnt working, either your xbox needs repair or you need a new power brick, ask a friend with a 360 if you can borrow theirs and also their wires for the powerbrick and if it works then YOU need a new powerbrick and if it doesnt then your xbox is broken