Question about Refrigerators
I couldn't find the GE model: PSS26SGPA SS.
My fridge is not cold enough. I tried the folllowing
1. Change *Freezer temperature* to -1 and it automatically jumps to 14
2. Change *Refridgerator temperature* to 37degrees(recommended) and it automatically jumps to 44
Your "freezer" and "refridgerator" temps are not jumping back to 14 and 44 respectively. When you change temps, they both wait 3-5 seconds before they revert back to a temp reading, not a temp setting.
Does your "freezer" make any loud or thumping noises? If not, do you hear a quiet whisper when both compartment doors are closed?
Solutions could be :
1. Servicing the coolant (might have a small leak)
2. Checking the seal on your freezer compartment (black rubber that meets the metal frame)
3. Your internal cooling fan is not operating and needs replacing (but I think your temps would be significantly higher).
Best of luck.
Posted on Jul 30, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2015 | GE Refrigerators
Apr 23, 2014 | GE Refrigerators
Apr 18, 2012 | GE PSS25NGM Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 30, 2011 | Refrigerators
Jan 10, 2011 | GE GSL25JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Mar 07, 2010 | GE GSS22KGMBB / GSS22KGMWW / GSS22KGMCC...
May 30, 2009 | Refrigerators
May 30, 2009 | GE GSS25JFM Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 19, 2009 | GE GDS18LBR Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Apr 14, 2008 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
1,197 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: