Question about Refrigerators
I couldn't find the GE model: PSS26SGPA SS.
My fridge is not cold enough. I tried the folllowing
1. Change *Freezer temperature* to -1 and it automatically jumps to 14
2. Change *Refridgerator temperature* to 37degrees(recommended) and it automatically jumps to 44
Your "freezer" and "refridgerator" temps are not jumping back to 14 and 44 respectively. When you change temps, they both wait 3-5 seconds before they revert back to a temp reading, not a temp setting.
Does your "freezer" make any loud or thumping noises? If not, do you hear a quiet whisper when both compartment doors are closed?
Solutions could be :
1. Servicing the coolant (might have a small leak)
2. Checking the seal on your freezer compartment (black rubber that meets the metal frame)
3. Your internal cooling fan is not operating and needs replacing (but I think your temps would be significantly higher).
Best of luck.
Posted on Jul 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2015 | GE Refrigerators
Apr 23, 2014 | GE Refrigerators
Apr 18, 2012 | GE PSS25NGM Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 30, 2011 | Refrigerators
Jan 10, 2011 | GE GSL25JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Mar 07, 2010 | GE GSS22KGMBB / GSS22KGMWW / GSS22KGMCC...
May 30, 2009 | Refrigerators
May 30, 2009 | GE GSS25JFM Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 19, 2009 | GE GDS18LBR Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Apr 14, 2008 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
1,193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!