- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp, select download webupdater, choose run(install) instead of save, run the webupdater to check if your device needs updates like firmware, bluetooth, gps....after that you'll find a whole lot of language and text stuff (pick the ones you need only) and a bunch of vehicles....I don't think it comes any easier....
Is the GPS in the cradle? How is it wired for power? Any SD cards in the GPS? If so remove that first.
Sometimes line-noise can cause eratic behaviour, line-noise usually comes from the generator, fans, ignition systems. try to wire the device closest to the battery, the battery works as a capacitor and reduces line noise. Try and run the gps with the wall charger, does it happen then too? Make sure you are on the latest firmware (garmins webupdater) .If it works okay running off the wall charger, then check what's with the vehicle power supply. Nothing there, insert the sd card....as soon as problems start, check the last changes made
I have recently purchased a Zumo 550 and successfully copied across selected phone book entries from a Nokia N95 without the need to use any additional apps:-
1) Assuming the N95 and Zumo are paired via BlueTooth
2) In N95 Contacts - use 'Mark' / 'Mark All' as necessary to select the contact entries you wish to transfer to the Zumo 550
3) In N95 Contacts - select 'Options' then 'Send Business Card' then 'Via Bluetooth'
4) Select the Zumo 550 device from the list of paired Bluetooth devices
5) Contact data is transferred from N95 phonebook to Zumo 550 phonebook
Interestingly, Garmin don't seem to list the Nokia N95 as being a supported device on their website, but the above process worked for me!!