Why is my ac window unit not cooling as well as it use to? .
Good Afternoon Friend,
I understand your Frigidaire air conditioner, model# FAC105P1A, is not cooling as well as it used to. Please try cleaning the air filter as well as the cabinet.
Air Filter Cleaning:
The air filter should be checked at least once a month to see if cleaning is necessary. Trapped particles in the filter can build up and cause an accumulation of frost on the cooling coils.
• Push the vent handle to the Vent Closed position (where applicable).
• Open the front panel.
• Grasp the filter by the center and pull up and out.
• Wash the filter using liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Rinse filter thoroughly. Gently shake excess water from the filter. Be sure filter is thoroughly dry before replacing.
• Or, instead of washing you may vacuum the filter clean.
• Be sure to unplug the air conditioner to prevent shock or fire hazard. The cabinet and front may be dusted with an oil-free cloth or washed with a cloth dampened in a solution of warm water and mild liquid dishwashing detergent. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry.
• Never use harsh cleaners, wax or polish on the cabinet front.
• Be sure to wring excess water from the cloth before wiping around the controls. Excess water in or around the controls may cause damage to the air conditioner.
• Plug in air conditioner.
I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your appliances status has changed successfully. Hope this is helpful.
Jun 17, 2014 |
Frigidaire FAC105P1A Window Air...