Question about Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Panasonic 1250w buzzing noise in first 3 s and then stops abruptly regardless of time set. Gives a faint burning smell when opened.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Panasonic Master
  • 8,820 Answers

If the digital programmer circuit / controller does not get a feedback signal from the inverter for a period of 3 seconds, the controller will stop the cook cycle.

In most cases, this is a problem with the inverter or a bad magnetron.

Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.

I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.

We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jul 28, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Why does my microwave turntable turn when I open the door?


We recommend you have the microwave evaluated by an authorized service center.

Authorized service centers can be located in the below link.

www.panasonic.com/repair

May 01, 2014 | Panasonic NN-H965WF - Microwave Oven...

1 Answer

Buzzing noise and burned smell


Faulty diode pack and possibly magnetron.

Mar 27, 2014 | GE JVM1631 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Panasonic genius inverter 1250w door stuck


Sounds like a spring let go, or the plastic piece that the spring hooks onto broke. Either way, the top cover will have to come off. Could be an easy fix unless something broke.

Jan 25, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My NN-P295 wouldn't allow me to turn off the light about a week ago, so it remained on all the time. Then last night it was making a strange clicking noise. I got up to find the source of the noise and the...


It sounds to me you have short in the keypad controller system, from your description this is a very dangerous fire hazard situation, and the microwave in my view should replaced.

Feb 21, 2011 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Heard a pop and then an electrical smell. Unit is working but a faint electrical smell occurs each time unit used. Should I continue using it? It is built in with a trim kit.


No that is a very dangerous situation. What is sounds like is you had a short that blew apart but not completely damaging the wires. You should unplug, and open it if its out of warranty and inspect the wires. If the wires are partially burned it can heat up and cause an electrical fire.

May 19, 2010 | Panasonic NN-S541 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Panasonic inverter genius sensor 1250w, turns on for about 3 sec. then goes off, no codes.


try locating the primary door sensor. this is probably burned. replace the door sensor with appropriate amp rating - usually 16A (or higher) 123vac

Feb 09, 2010 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Purchased a panasonic NN-H965 microwave and yesterday when using it, it started making the following noise: upon starting, the unit works for 3 seconds with funny noises and then it stops. There used to be...


See if this describes what's happening:
  • Put in time, push start and unit runs for 2 seconds, relay clicks, unit goes off. Cook time on display goes off and clock time comes back. Bad upper interlock switch and charred connector
If so, see http://www.microwavedisplay.com/safety.txt , http://www.microwavedisplay.com/disassembly.txt and http://www.microwavedisplay.com/doorsw.txt

Otherwise, if the digital programmer circuit / controller does not get a feedback signal from the inverter for a period of 3 seconds, the controller will stop the cook cycle.

It may be a loose connection in the wiring between the inverter, magnetron, and/or control board, or maybe one of those components has failed.


Due to the lethal voltages used and produced in inverters, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.

You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.

In Canada, you can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.

If yours is not a Panasonic, please reply back with your brand and model number so we can help you.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Aug 26, 2009 | Panasonic NN-H965 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Panasonic Microwave NN-C980-B buzzing noise but it still works.


All:
I have a 2003 Sears Ultra Wave microwave 721.63682300 with a similar problem. A few months ago it started giving off short buzzes when turned on. That stopped but then I noticed that everything took twice as long to heat up. After quite a bit of teardown&inspection I found a circuit break in the inverter board leading to ZD704 diode (pictured). I will now try to find a replacement diode to see if replacing will fix it. Thanks for your postings.

86ab7c4.jpg13a5e0e.jpg

Feb 15, 2009 | Panasonic NN-C980 Convection/Microwave...

1 Answer

Faint buzzing sound smoke coming from back


The high-voltage transformer (or inverter transformer) has probably failed.

Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.

I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.

You can find one here:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vServiceLocator?storeId=15001

Oct 24, 2007 | Panasonic NN-T655SF Microwave Oven

4 Answers

Microwave turns, gives out strong burnt plastic smell, little (or no) heating


I would first suggest that you look inside the cooking cavity to see if your wavegudie cover is burned or carbonized. If so, it will need to be replaced. You can order one via Tritronics at http://www.wehaveparts.com The job of the waveguide cover is to protect the waveguide (opening) and the magnetron from buildup of food particles and grease. When the grease and food particles build up on and behind the cover, they will carbonize and arc - and maybe even flame up! The solution is to clean it and keep it clean - but if it's too dirty or is burned, it must be replaced. Sometimes it's necessary to remove the cover to clean both sides of it, and to clean the edges of the opening it covers. It is sometimes held in place with a small plastic rivet (or screw) and once that is removed, the cover will slide over a little then drop down. Be VERY careful not to get cut on the potentially sharp edges of the opening, and do not spray anything into the opening. Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) and /or gentle scouring powder to a cloth or paper towel and carefully wipe it out, then when it's dry, reinstall the cover and the rivet. I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics. Once you remove and / or clean the cover and clean the opening of the waveguide, if it still won't heat and/or still has the smell, you may have a bad magnetron or high-voltage transformer. Feel free to post back if you still have trouble.

Dec 05, 2006 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

142 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Panasonic Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Panasonic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...