I just got a Wii on Wednesday. Reads 2 other game disks fine. Had one Mario Kart, didn't read. Returned that and got a second Mario Kart disk, won't read that disk either. What should I do? Is it the game or is it the console?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your Nintendo Wii can not properly read some portions of your Game Disk. The probable reasons are dirt on the lens or CD, or scratches on the CD. Try cleaning the CD using a soft cloth and clean the lens of your Wii console using a Lens Cleaner.
You can rate my answer if you appreciate it. Thanks!
There have been a couple of flaws in how the Wii reads Gamecube games, so this could be for a couple of reasons.
1. Some games simply just cant be read on the Wii, but it is completely determined by the game...not the Wii. This is a flaw found in mostly Gamecube games and sometimes Wii games. I have heard of Super Smash Brothers Brawl not working on certain Wii's. In your case, with Mario Kart Double Dash, it could just be that the game simply cannot be read. If this is true, then there is nothing that can be done. (You can test this by putting the game in somebody else's Wii)
2. A more common problem is scratches or fingerprints. If this is the case, then get scratch removal at the store. If you don't want to, then toothpaste will sometimes work.
3. If all else fails...read the instructions booklet.
Some older Wii units also have trouble with Dual Layer Discs, which pack more info onto a disk like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime. If your Wii is having trouble reading a dual layer disc you can try Nintendo's Wii lens cleaning kit. the other resolution for this is to change the laser on the system but it will cost you for that. Try to clean the lens first it might read the new disk.
Did you put it in correctly? If the Wii is facing vertically, the side with print on it goes AWAY from the buttons. Anytime you put in a Wii disk in, the print side must go away from the buttons. Hope this helps :)
is the mario kart game bought in england? the wii console is region controlled, games have to be from same country you brought the computer. only way around it is to get console chipped, if you google summit like getting wii modded or chipped you should find sumone who will do it.
If Wii gives Disc Read Error, first step you need to check is totry another disc or clean the exisitng disc. This will confirm that problem is with either Wii or Disc. If the console itself is giving disc read error then it needs to be repaired. You may check out DIY Wii Fix Guide,that will show step by step information to fix the problem yourself. It also gives information on fixing many Wii Related Problems, so its a kind of Wii Problems Reference Fix Guide