Monitor blinking on off, bought it at a garage sale cannot get it to work on either of my computers
I have a FPD 1976W 19" Monitor and it blinks on and off but when I am on the internet it has never done...
hi im josh in cebu phils.may i help you? just try this stuff it will help you.
THE COMPUTERS SEEMS TO BE WORKING, BUT THE SCREEN IS BLANK.
- Check the monitor if turned on.
- Check all the LED power on the monitor, if it has one.
- Adjust brightness and contrast controls all the way to the maximum.
- Check the video cable from the monitor to the computer to be sure if it is properly connected.
- Check the power cable. If it is connected properly at both ends.
- Try different monitor on your computer. If it does not work, the display card is likely at fault. Replace the display card.
- Try your monitor on a different computer. If it does not work, replace the monitor or have it repaired by a trained technician.
COMPUTER BOOTS, BUT DISPLAYS “JUNK” ON THE SCREEN
- It may be that the display card is defective. Try a different card. If it works the first card may be bad.
- Try the suspected bad card on another computer. If it displays the same thing it is conclusive that the card is bad.
DISPLAY IS DIM, OVERLY BRIGHT, OR BLURRY, OR UNPLEASANT.DISPLAY IS OFF CENTER. LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE OF MONITOR IS OBSCURED.
- Try adjusting the control knobs located on either the front or back of the monitor. It maybe necessary o open the monitors casing to get the proper adjustment controls. In this case be very careful because there are high voltages in the monitor.
THE VIDEO DISPLAY FADES AND BRIGHTENS, OR IS WARY.
- The voltage may be fluctuating due to so many appliances or electric devices on he same branch circuit.
- Turn off other appliances and peripherals, such as printers, external modem, refrigerator, microwave oven, transformer, etc. and see if that solves the problem. If the problem persists, try swapping out the display cards. If changing the monitor solved the problem, repair or replace the monitor.
IMAGE IS NOT STRAIGHT ACROSS THE SCREEN
- If the monitor is still under warranty, bring it back to the dealer for adjustment. If the you want to do it your self, bare in mind that this is potentially dangerous procedure because it must be done while he monitor is on and there is very high voltages around the picture tube.
WARNING: THIS IS A DANGEROUS PROCEDURE!!!
- Open the monitor casing and loosen the clamp holding he coils around he picture tube. You can loosen them (usually there’s a wing nut) and a rotate the coil assembly until the picture strengthens.
good luck please vote
Mar 06, 2009 |
Gateway FPD1976W LCD Monitor