An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: playstation 3 will not turn on
Your power supply has blown a circuit. It needs to be replaced. If your machine is out of warranty still call Sony. They know about the problem and may fix it for free.
Sorry to say, but you are in something called a catch 22. If you disassemble it to get your game, Sony will not fix it. If you send it to Sony to get fixed, they do not guarantee that you will get your game back. But you can talk to them about that if you call.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn off Playstation®3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports: • Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System. • Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default. • Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files. • Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3. • Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch. • System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System If it still doesn't work then your lens inside the PS3 needs to be cleaned. Here is a video tutorial that will show you how you can clean the lens inside the PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O-8NzYHr80&feature=player_embedded
1. Try turning the ps3 on and off and then hitting eject.
2. Do Not try to open up the playstation. You may do more damage than good.
3. Try to halfway insert another game, cd, or dvd into the playstation 3 and press eject.
4. Here's the one that worked for me. I slid another compact disc into the console almost all the way but still holding on to it and pushed up as I pulled the disc back out. To my suprise another disc began to slide out with it. I had no idea how many discs were actually inside the ps3, but when I hit eject the original game that was in there still would not come out, so I new something still wasn't right. I repeated the process a few more times and low and behold, I had a total count of four, aside from the game. At last, eject finally pushed hubby's NBALive out of the playstation.
with your ps3 console turned on instead of just pressing the eject button press and hold it for 8 or more seconds this is the override force eject, unless the actual mechanism inside the drive have been damaged it should give your disk back
the problem is.. well should be your thermometer inside the PS3 is broken. It thinks that the console is getting to hot and overheating but its not.. I have the same problem i called Sony and they want 160$ to fix it.