Question about Bosch Washing Machines
it is very hard to get the ring on front load washers,
it is much easier to remove the top. bottom and the front control panel
then the door and support panel.
now you have access.
some times you have to remove the counter weight in some models before putting on the ring.
if you can do it without removing these items you are very very good.
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
I mounted the ring by myself. Here's how:
1. Get a small piece of 2x4 that's longer than the spring will be when it's expanded. You basically have to stretch it less than an inch.
2. Nail two 4d nails to the piece of 2x4 close to the long edge. Again, about an inch or so wider than the compressed spring. Nail them so only about 1/4 of an inch is exposed.
3. File the head of the nails so they are relatively smooth to allow the ring to slide off easily.
Note: Wear eye protection just in case the spring snaps.
4. Hook one end of the ring (not the spring) to one of the nails and use a pliers to stretch the spring to hook the other end of the ring to the other nail.
5. Set the ring into the gasket groove making sure the spring is in the 6:00 position.
6. Hold the spring in place with one hand and gently push it off on of the nails. The other nail should come out easily.
This may take a couple of tries.
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2013 | Bosch Exxcel WFO 2264 Front Load Washer
Mar 19, 2013 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Oct 17, 2012 | Bosch Washing Machines
Sep 12, 2010 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Jun 09, 2010 | Bosch Axxis WFL 2060 Front Load Washer
May 14, 2010 | Bosch Nexxt 300 Series WFMC2201UC
Feb 25, 2010 | Bosch Nexxt Premium WFMC6400UC Front Load...
Dec 10, 2008 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Apr 06, 2008 | Bosch Nexxt Premium WFMC6400UC Front Load...
Feb 22, 2008 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!