- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 4 reasons a disc won't spin on the Slim PSP. The most common is a failed laser.
1. Failed laser -- the disc will not spin up to speed, or not spin at all, due to a bad laser. If you close the PS2 with no disc inside, the ps2 will never spin the disc. If you chose the PS2 with a disc inside but a bad laser, it still thinks no disc is inside and will not spin.
2. Lid closed sensors. There are two of them. One on the motherboard and one on the reset switch. These sensors let the PS2 know that the lid is closed. If one or both of these break, the disc will never spin because the PS2 will think the lid is still open.
3. Damaged case. If the case of the PS2 is damaged, the two parts of the lid that are supposed to press the lid-closed sensors will never press them.
For more information, pictures, and parts, click into the following page:
Well, This has happened to me before. If you are insistent that you do not have to replace it, then see if a friend has an old ps2 he or she doesn't use anymore, because your motor is dead. Its not going to spin, and you need a whole new drive portion of the ps2. basically, your disk wont spin, and the laser wont read it. honestly, right now, Gamestop is selling ps2's for like 40$. you should just go buy a new one.