Question about Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
A night of thunder and lightning smoked my ADSL, phone line and the printer. It just didn't power on.
As I don't need fax facilities, I disconnected the fax/modem flat cable inside. Done so, it powers on, but displays "NeverErr:oxAF86" and doesn't work.
Any idea how to disable fax/modem and keep printer and scanner working?
SOURCE: LEXMARK X83 SYSTEM ERROR A04
the printer may have something stuck between the rollers that take out the paper, mine had 3 rubber bands that I accidently dropped in there, I turn it off for a minute and now everything is working good I hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 10, 2007
Wait until the printer cools and try again. As you said, you've tried from different power sources (including a different outlet). If still the same problem, unfortunately, your printer got the "hit" instead of the protected power strip.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
I have seen that in most of the cases (with lexmark and dell printers) it is fixed by reinstalling the printer software. Be sure that you completely remove the older drivers using the cd or using add/remove programs
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
it depends on what type of printer you have...i actually have an HP officejet j3500 series, it a fax, printer,scanner and copier in one.. when im using it for sending fax messages, i just dial the number where im sending it and it automatically faxes (phone keypad and handset is included)... and i use it as my printer too so its already connected to my pc..so easy to use...
but but but... i actually connected a separate phone line (our original phone from our provider) to the hp j3500 series cuz sometimes i need to speak first to thr person im sending fax before i send the message... i think that is for manual sending of fax...
so if you want to send manually (speaking first to the person before sending) a separate phone line is required (connected to ur fax)
but if u want autofax, then i dont think its necessary...
there u go...
visit this website to learn more.. hope this is useful
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
If the LCD on the operator panel constantly displays black bars/boxes or other unusual characters, take the following steps:
1. Disconnect the power supply from the printer.
2. Wait for about one minute, then reconnect the power supply and check the LCD display.
3. If black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying constantly, move the power supply to a different power outlet.
4. If the black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying, the scanner ribbon cable may need to be reseated. Do the following:
1. Lift the scanner flatbed. (Open the printer as if attempting to install cartridges.)
2. Look in the back right corner of the 6150/70 for an access cover.
3. Press firmly on the front right corner of the access cover to reseat the scanner ribbon cable that is located underneath the access panel.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
Sep 01, 2011 | HP LaserJet M1522nf Multifunction Printer...
Jul 06, 2011 | HP Printers & Copiers
Jun 23, 2011 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One Scan/Copy/Fax and...
Feb 17, 2009 | Canon ImageCLASS MF4370dn Laser All-in-One...
Sep 11, 2008 | Lexmark X7350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
447 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: