Follow the steps below to resolve the issueThe print queue and Dock printer icon
When you start a print job, you will see your printer icon appear in
your Dock. Click the Printer icon to open the print queue, which is a
list of print jobs that are printing, on hold, or paused. The print
queue will also display messages sent from the printer.
You can alternatively open the print queue from the Print & Fax pane of System Preferences.
In the Print Queue toolbar you have these buttons:
- Delete - Deletes the selected print job.
- Hold / Resume - Will hold / resume the selected print job.
- Job Info - Shows details of the selected print job, such as job name, status, Completed, Job Message, and so forth.
- Pause / Resume Printer - To Pause / Resume the Print Queue.
- Supply Levels - Will drop down the Supply Levels sheet showing you the levels of ink / toner your printer has.
- Printer Setup - Lets you configure the printer's name and location details.
- Printer - Sets the Print Queue window into Printer mode.
- Scanner - Visible if you have a multi-function printer connected via USB. Click it to set the Print Queue into Scanner mode.
You can see what your print job looks like with Quick Look. Click the
arrow on the print job just to the left of the Status column or select
the print job and press the Spacebar.
From the Print Queue menu bar, the "Printer" menu has these additional options:
- Customize Toolbar... - Used to add and remove item from the Print Queue's toolbar.
- Make Default - Will set the printer pertaining to this Print Queue your default printer.
- Print Test Page - Will send the CUPS Printer Test Page to your printer.
- Network Diagnostics - Will bring up the Network Diagnostics application, used to check each layer of your network connection.
- Log & History - Used to open the Console application and show you the log entries for your current and past print jobs.
- Show Printer List - Will open the Print & Fax System Preference showing you the list of Print Queues.
From the Print Queue menu bar, the "Jobs" menu has these additional options:
- Show / Hide Completed Jobs - Will alternate Show / Hide in the
Print Queue all completed printer jobs and completed functions, like
checking the supply levels of your printer.
- Show Everyone's / My jobs - Will alternate showing Everyone's / My print jobs.
You can control-click (or right-click) your printer icon in the Dock for this convenient menu:
From the Dock menu you can see your printer's status, toggle Pause
and Resume Printer, Auto Quit (once print job completes) on / off, and
from the Options sub-menu you can toggle Keep in Dock on / off.