Question about Linksys WUSB54GSC Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter w/ SpeedBooster [WUSB54GSC] (LS-SB54GSC)
The setup cd does not load
I would assume in this case that you are using Windows Vista.
this is because the CD will not load for Vista as all you need are the drivers off of the CD and the adapter plugged in
1. Put the CD in the drive.
2. Go to start search then type in device manager
3. Select it from the list.
4. Look for an exclamation point on one that would say network adapter. If the network adapter shows up click on the plus sign and if you see linksys there then it has been installed.
To use the adapter.
1. Go to control panel
2. Go to network and internet.
3. Go to network and sharing center
4. Go to manager wireless networks on the left side.
5. Click on add then add a network
6. Select your network from the list and connect.
7. If it asks for the network key that is your networks wireless password.
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Apr 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Oct 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
Mar 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 09, 2009 | Advent 4211c Notebook
May 26, 2008 | Nikon COOLPIX L3 Digital Camera
Mar 09, 2008 | Computers & Internet
371 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: