LOSS OF SOUND IN COMPAQ PRESARIO C770TU
If the operating system on the notebook is XP then follow the below steps:
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
After installing the UAA driver reboot the notebook and install the audio driver from the following link:
Conexant CX20549-12 High Definition Audio driver:
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINATION BUS" or Conexant High defination audio entry and click Update driver.
3. Select "Not at this time", click on next and Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35940 folder and the double click the (WinxP -> Thrifty10 -> CPL30A5a.inf file for Audio) Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Waiting for your reply.
Sep 09, 2008 |
Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook