If Your player used to play disc before but all of a sudden stopped playing disc, yet it powers on and try to read a disc and come up with a 'no disc' error message or loads and does not come up with any message, then it means there is a problem with the laser/lens of the player. If it does not power on at all, then it means the problem is from the power board which is inside the player.
For the no disc error message, the solution is for You to clean or replace the lens of the player.
To clean the lens, Please get a laser/lens cleaner disc and insert it into the player, that will clean it for You, but if You want to clean it manually, please follow the steps below: You will be needing a cotton bud,a cup, a screwdriver, and a glove.
- Turn off the player,
- Unplug it from the power source and wear Your glove,
- Unscrew the player and keep the screws in the cup in order for it not to be missing,
- Then You slide the cover open,
- Unscrew the plastic cover that holds the disc in place for the lens/laser to read it,
- You will have direct access to the laser/lens,
- Use the cotton bud to carefully clean the laser/lens which is the crystal like object held in some casing,
- Screw back the disc support plastic that holds the disc,
- Then You test it with a DVD before screwing it back together.
If that does not solve the problem, then it means You have to replace the lens, to do that, please follow the steps above to step 6, then follow the rest of the instruction below:
- Disconnect the flexi ribbon that connects the lens to the main board,
- Carefully remove the laser from where it is connected to,
- Replace it with a new one,
- Reverse the process to reassemble the player back together,
- Then You plug it to a power supply and test it with a disc.
Hope this helped. Thank You for using FixYa!!!