Since I purchased my memorex MP3 player it's been difficult to turn off. Well today it decided it was going to freeze in the screen that says "Memorex" no shuttinf down message, not dots running in a circle, just "Memorex" and a black screen. I've tried EVERYTHING but it's doing nothing. I have it plugged in so it won't go dead but it doesn't even recognize it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Once the unit freezes up what you can do is put a paper clip into the tiny hole located on the unit. This will reset the the player and then try to use it again. You can check the Memorex web site to see if there is firmware update for that unit so you can upgrade it. This might also help the player to stop freezing up.
I work for Memorex tech support. You can reach us at 800-919-3647.
know this isn't what you want to hear, but the problem you've described
can't be fixed with troubleshooting. Your player needs to be exchanged (Memorex doesn't repair their mp3 players anymore, they just replace them. Please call the above number so that your warranty eligibility can be determined. We also have some out of warranty options as well.
I hope I've provided you useful assistance and that this information
allows you to make an informed decision as to how to proceed from here.
Please be sure to vote on my response. I hope I've earned a good rating from you today.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
I just resolved this same boot error problem with my Memorex MMP8567 mp3 player. After talking to technical support, they could not resolve it, so I decided to try it myself. Here is what I did step by step:
1. Downloaded and installed the firmware for the player from memorex web site.
2. In windows xp, click on Start>All Programs>Digital Audio Player>Memorex MMP8567 Firmware Download to start the firmware program.
3. Connect the USB cable for the player to the computer's USB port.
4. Remove battery from the mp3 player and connect it to USB cable. At the same time depress and hold BOTH the 'menu' button on the left of the player and the volume control button on the right of the player for a few seconds until you see "initializing" in your firmware software program. Then click on the "format" option within this same firmware program. (Note: this will erase all your files on the player, but will also get rid of whatever is causing the boot errors!)
5. When the firmware program is ready, click on start and wait until it is finished.
it keeps freezing when i turn it on it says updating player then it updates it then it turns right back off ive reseted it like 10 times already and i just bault it today 2/24/2008 at wal-mart in borger,tx zip code 79008