Question about Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection HDTV
Could you please send me the directions on how to change the lamp and reset the lamp hours on my tv.
Here is the proceedure to replace the lamp and reset the lamp hours.
Lamp Replacement Procedure:
1. Press the POWER button to turn off the power.
2. Wait for about 1 minute until the cooling fan stops.
The lamp cooling fan will continue to operate for about 1
minute after the power is turned off. Do not unplug the AC
Cord from the outlet until the fan has stopped. Avoid
interrupting the power by using circuit breakers or switchable
3. After the cooling fan has stopped, unplug the AC Cord from
Please wait more than one hour before replacing the lamp.
[ Forced cooling function ]
If you need to replace the lamp more urgently:
- The Projection display has a forced cooling feature.
After the POWER button is turned OFF, and during the
first minute of the normal cooling fan operation, press
the VOLUME UP button on the unit and CH UP key on
the remote at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
The cooling fan operates for about 10 minutes. (LAMP
LED will flash 5 times every 5 second and POWER LED
will flash red for 10 minutes.)
4. Remove the Front Cover Unit from the latches.
5. Turn the Knob to the left.
6. Pull the Lamp Cover out.
7. Loosen the Screw on the Lamp. Then, pull the Lamp.
Because the Lamp may still be hot, use caution when
8. Install the new Lamp, and tighten the Screw.
9. Install the Lamp Cover, and turn the Knob to the right.
10. Install the Front Cover Unit.
Lamp Time Reset Procedure:
Be sure to reset the Lamp time to "0" after replacing the new
1. Plug in the AC Cord, and turn on the power by pressing the
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button on the unit and
the SPLIT key on the remote together for over 5 seconds
in power on condition.
When the reset is finished, the display will indicate that the lamp hrs have been reset to 0 and the LAMP LED goes out.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2011 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
Sep 04, 2009 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
Aug 21, 2009 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
Dec 23, 2008 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
Mar 09, 2017 | Televison & Video
Sep 17, 2008 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
Jun 10, 2008 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
Mar 14, 2008 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
308 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: