Question about Acer PC Desktops
No problem if you forget your window password provided you have your windows installation CD and the product key.
No problem if you forget your window password. Do you have your windows installation CD and the product key?
Just follow these simple procedures:
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer.
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation, and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot your computer automatically – you will see“Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again!
10.Setup will resume automatically Installing Windows is highlighted.
11. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar.
12.Press SHIFT + F10. A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
13. At the command prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. You have graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
14. select the account you need to change and remove or change your password depending on what you prefer.
15. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair. follow on screen instruction
16. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
You have few options for login to windows, without entering a password.
1. Add another hard drive to your machine, then try to boot through this hard drive. you just go to your hard drives in my computer and open your system drive (here the volume name may be different).
go to system32(windows xp) in your hard drive and you will find one file "SAM". now remove that file.
after deleting the file. you have to reboot your machine, now login to your windows. here you can login without providing the password.
2. this is the second option, commonly helpful for all. downloading the password recovery boot software. by using of this option you can find the same thing without provide the password.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2015 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
on Aug 17, 2010 | PC Desktops
Dec 13, 2013 | Acer PC Desktops
Apr 21, 2012 | SuperMicro SuperWorkstation 7033A-T...
Aug 19, 2011 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jan 01, 2011 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Oct 03, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 J Series 2.10G Xpp PC Desktop
Jun 23, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 - Pentium Dual Core...
Jun 12, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Oct 25, 2015 | Acer PC Desktops
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!