I'm getting a "Scanner Failure" notice on the top screen then underneath that it says "Unable to Scan, Fax or Copy". It's not used often, so it should not be having any issues... What would you suggest?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Solved! I now can scan wirelessly throughout my network. I downloaded the drivers for a friends newer HP all-in-one scanner and I can scan. Look for the driver for the 309a series of printers and install it. Complete the install and set up your existing printer. You can now scan, print, fax wirelessly. It includes updated HP apps for these functions that work with OS 10.5. I didn't upgrade to the HP 1.1 drivers through Apple. The file name is: PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Mac_WW_102.dmg
scanner failure is a hardawre problem. try to copy again and check if the scanner light is on. once the scanner light is not working then try to return your printer in the store that you have purchased it.
Hi, It is possiblethat the all in one solution software you used in XP doesn't work with Vista, after some update or other. You did the right thing by uninstalling and reinstalling. Make sure you have the correct driver from the HP site..
But you can still scan and copy by using Windows Photo Gallery.
1. Click on files tab at the top in Window Photo Gallery.
2. Click on import from camera or scanner.
3. Highlight your scanner icon (ie HP C6180) then click import.
4. New scan window will popup, now you can preview or scan using this basic looking Vista utility.
Connect the printer directly to the wall outlet and
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and disconnect the connection port.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power only.
4. Repeat steps 2-4 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the connection port from the all-in-one to your computer.
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord